• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 SPX Gas Spring Install Issues...

Search this forum and you will see ways other members have successfully accomplished putting their gas spring back in.

Takes a lot of force and some ingenuity with tools/items.

Search this forum and you will see ways other members have successfully accomplished putting their gas spring back in.

Takes a lot of force and some ingenuity with tools/items.

I did and I cant. Neither could a gunsmith. I'm pretty bummed out. I hope Mossberg can come through.

Howdy @Patton250 .

Check out post #23 back on page 2 of this thread. The member lined the assembly up and used a C-clamp to push the everything together to where he could start the threads. If you don't have the tools or means, you may have to resort to sending your barrel in to the Mossberg service department. If you decide to go that route, we have a customer service contact that can help...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joseph has taken care of many of our members and will help get your issue sorted out if it comes to that...

Howdy @Patton250 .

Check out post #23 back on page 2 of this thread. The member lined the assembly up and used a C-clamp to push the everything together to where he could start the threads. If you don't have the tools or means, you may have to resort to sending your barrel in to the Mossberg service department. If you decide to go that route, we have a customer service contact that can help...

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

Joseph has taken care of many of our members and will help get your issue sorted out if it comes to that...

Thanks!!!!

Howdy @Patton250 .

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

I am going to email Joseph today. I want to send it in to have it done the right way so I don't have to worry about it. I hope Mossberg has great customer service. As you guys know customer service is a "hit it or miss" in the firearms industry. Especially with this being my fault. It sure does help to have a forum ally. I'll let you know how it all turns out. So far this has been the most helpful forum I am a member of. Thanks!!!

Howdy @Patton250 .

Joseph Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

I fixed it!!! I followed the post on page 2 like you suggested and used a C-clamp. It worked. It took awhile to make sure I got the threads lined up and then I also slid it over the mag tube before tightening it all the way. I forgot what post they suggested that but I'm glad they did. Thanks all!!!

451234a63b8d52709c1835549f833239_zpsmdqhjou5.jpg
aa6d395459273d6ea27c6535cf1677dc_zpsacfjz5b4.jpg
cec58a011d143a35de10787d63fed902_zpspwozv8eb.jpg

Excellent!

Glad you were able to get it sorted out. The paint job looks great and that Salvo 12 looks pretty mean on there. How's the balance with in installed...

Re: 930 SPX gas seal ring??!!

Two guys, a ghetto made stick that we used to push down on the threaded metal ring but were still able to turn it because we didn't cover the notches, two screwdrivers, and time. So far I found this to be the best combination because the stick doesn't scratch the gun and the screwdrivers can easily be controlled, just be careful not to crossthread or strip the notches.

Btw I love you for taking your 930 apart, no homo. ;)
What kind of stick. Did u use? Ghetto stick?????????

A vice, big C-clamp and an alan wrench I for got what size. Use the vice to hold the shogun. Use the c-clamp to SLOWLY push the cap back and the alan wrench can rest in the groves of the cap to turn it once you get the caps threads close to the gas hole threads. I followed the directions I got here.
198efa175912f2d4c451c58ae945dfb1_zpszjp0gjru.jpg

A vice, big C-clamp and an alan wrench I for got what size. Use the vice to hold the shogun. Use the c-clamp to SLOWLY push the cap back and the alan wrench can rest in the groves of the cap to turn it once you get the caps threads close to the gas hole threads. I followed the directions I got here.
198efa175912f2d4c451c58ae945dfb1_zpszjp0gjru.jpg

I understand the method your talking about but how can you start to threaded with the pressure of the c clamp on the but when I try it I can turn the nut with the Allen key thank you!!

I had a similar issue with mine and I just ended up sending it in to the repair center and they replaced it for free with a new assembly. Only cost me a week and a half out....

Hey guys thanks for all the great info on here. I'm new to this site and an older 930 I picked up cheap. I also took it all apart to give it a thorough cleaning. So.... the gas seal piece goes in with the taper end side down right? Then the spring, then screw in the nut right? How far do I screw in the nut? When it bottoms out? Thank you in advance. Newbie.

Most all the pictures are no longer any good.
One thing I am curious about. What is the purpose of this spring?
The gas piston that works the action is on the rear part (facing the action) of the of the barrel lug/gas block. So what is the reason for this extremely large heavy spring in the front half of the barrel lug/gas block? The piston does not look like it contacts or interferes with it at all.

Back