• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Remington Rifles

Nylon 77 Autoloading Rimfire Rifle

Description:
Auto Loading Rifle, Clip Magazine

Introduction Year: 1970

Year Discontinued: 1972

Total Production:Approximately: 15,327

Designer/Inventor: Remington R&D

Action Type: Autoloader

Caliber/Gauge: .22 short, .22 long, .22 long rifle

Serial Number Blocks:
Starting: N/A
Ending: N/A

# of Grades Offered: N/A

Variations: N/A

==================

http://www.remingtonowners.com

==================

Register and Log-on....You already know the moderator...:cool:

Been a while since I've been on. Had a nice, busy summer with the kids, and ended up working every other weekend. Early this year, I set a goal for myself..... I figured it was time I bought a magnum rifle. Being a Remington guy, and a model 700 guy, it didn't take long to decide on what I wanted.

7a18ef20c74cbea73b28ec368e19fe63.jpg

It's a model 700 long range, in 300 Remington ultra magnum. The scope is a Leupold Mark 4 LR/T (4.5-14x, mil dot, side focus, 30mm tube, 40mm objective), in Weaver heavy duty tactical rings and a Weaver heavy duty base. It comes from the factory with the Bell & Carlson "M40" stock, 26" barrel (same blank as the Sendero rifles, as the guy from Remington told me), and X-mark pro trigger.

363d6268c4f495e78b6341fd00335e9c.jpg

fbc74d0bab36ce97702684ca86c9177f.jpg

It shoots good. Zeroed at 100 yards right now, which is way close range for this thing. Shooting HSM 168 Berger VLDs at around 3500fps. Five shot groups are right at about 3/4" at 100 yards. I've got a variety of other ammo to try out of it (mostly for the brass with some of it- my brother has a BDL in 300 RUM and we're going to set up to load out own ammo for them), but the HSM seems to work really well for me. It weighs in at a little over 14 pounds, which really tames the recoil down a lot.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Welcome back!!

Nice looking rifle. I've always liked that pattern on the stock.

Do you have any of the older 700's? Just wondering how the newer ones stack up, have they lapsed at all or are they still the same.

I have a couple older ones. A 6mm "varmint special" BDL, a "7mm express" BDL, and a .243 in an ADL synthetic. The BDLs are both older. The 6mm is from 73 I believe, and the express is right handy to the same era, I think, but I haven't done a ton of research on that one. The 243 is from the mid 90s, and is finished in the typical matte black.

As far as finish goes, the older ones are far nicer. The action is about a million times smoother, and on a classic rifle like the 700, IMO, its hard to beat walnut and blued steel.
They certainly don't seem to shoot any better though. I've heard many complaints about Remington and Marlins quality dropping off in the past couple years since that big merger that went down, but I couldn't verify that with this 300. The action isn't the smoothest, but its a new rifle with everything matte finished, so I'm betting that after some usage it'll smooth up.

Yeah...really nice Travis. I love my 700 too.
image.jpg
My buddy is a 700 afficianado and has all his variations in that same type of stock pattern/finish. He has one in 300 RUM, 338 Lapua and few others too I believe.

Mine is a lil ol' 270 Win but shoots real nice, flat and fast. Most of our hunting here is pretty close and tight bush...200+ yard shots aren't very common. And, when they are...it's usually punishing terrain in between "here and there" and involves climbing down from one mountainside through a valley and up the other side!! So, most of us just don't take those shots unless it's one helluva prize.

Cmcdonald, looks like a left handed SPS. Is that your 270?

My brother has a .270 BDL that was my grandpaps. It's a really nice rifle. I'm thinking it has a 4x28 leupold on it. I'm not sure on the bases but the rings, I believe are the old Weaver snap-over style, with a hook on one side and two screws on the other.

Shooter13, the 7mm Express BDL I mentioned earlier is almost identical to the one you have pictured, though the rear sight was removed back in the day by my dad, and the scope is mounted in a leupold base and rings. The scope is a unique older tasco from the late 80s, with an adjustable objective. It has two horizontal crosshairs, and on the magnification ring, there is a list of animals (like "woodchuck/crow", "whitetail/pronghorn", "elk/moose"). Theory was, you bracketed the top and bottom of the animals body between the crosshairs, using the magnification ring to fit it. Then you look at the little graph on the magnification ring, and it'd give you your range. I'll have to snap a couple pics next time it makes it out of the cabinet.

Back