• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Removing Bushing from the back of the receiver

Zakk

Copper BB
Hello!

Attempting to install the Urbino tactical stock, I removed the spring retention tube which had a burr in it, making the bushing it was in completely useless. I am trying now to remove the bushing but considering it is completely round, I cannot get enough purchase to remove it. Any advice is welcome.

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 18
Zakk,
That will need to go back to Mossberg if you want to salvage the OEM parts. Give their service line a call.

If you are 100% committed to the Urbino stock you can call them up and they will send you a new return spring tube bushing that has a hex head for easy install. This means that you can get the vise grips out to remove the factory bushing. Note that Mossberg does not sell the bushing or the tube.

Last edited:
I ended up getting it out, installing the new tube and bushing without issue. Of course now I’m having a separate issue where I can’t retract the bolt because the piece in the rear of the receiver which links the safety and trigger group is impeding the follower.

Attachments

• 0B52BF3F-CD63-4207-AB13-BE3FADD28B7B.jpeg
    0B52BF3F-CD63-4207-AB13-BE3FADD28B7B.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 10
  • 4E8551FC-878E-4841-B120-85A65C638487.jpeg
    4E8551FC-878E-4841-B120-85A65C638487.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 10
I ended up getting it out, installing the new tube and bushing without issue. Of course now I’m having a separate issue where I can’t retract the bolt because the piece in the rear of the receiver which links the safety and trigger group is impeding the follower.
There is a separate post on this forum somewhere that addresses that same problem.

Back