• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Removing rear sight on a 500.

I’d give Mossberg service a call and see if they have this part kicking around in a bin somewhere. It’s a long shot but worth the dime. If not then I’m sure a local gunsmith could make something. If all else fails it looks like the sight itself is still useful but down a wing.
Yes it still works.

In fact it’s a great sight.

Dodge, one more thought for consideration.

If you can't find a replacement blade you might take an appropriate size washer and simply cut it in half and fix it to your existing blade like recommended above with peep sight. This would give you a crude, but useful buckhorn style sight.

But a good machinists could certainly make you a new blade if you can't find one for sale.

Regards

Dodge, one more thought for consideration.

If you can't find a replacement blade you might take an appropriate size washer and simply cut it in half and fix it to your existing blade like recommended above with peep sight. This would give you a crude, but useful buckhorn style sight.

But a good machinists could certainly make you a new blade if you can't find one for sale.

Regards
The actual sight blade is ok, it’s still usable, just one of the ears has broken off.

Attachments

• 4C402EAD-3F49-4EAC-B231-D73503FD020A.jpeg
    4C402EAD-3F49-4EAC-B231-D73503FD020A.jpeg
    5.5 KB · Views: 2
Look's like and older Williams sight. I know you are on the other side of the pond, but I would email them a good picture of the sight and see if they can help you out. Maybe they have something for you.????

Williams Gun Sights
7389 Lapeer Road
Davison, MI 48423

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 329
Davison, MI 48423

Toll FREE: 1-800-530-9028

Local Phone: 810-653-2131

Support@williamsgunsight.com

For anyone following. I found a guy who imports from the US to the UK and sells on Amazon of all places. Duty paid was 31 quid.
It only arrived the other day and I’m away for a couple of days. Will try swapping it out when I get back.

Thanks to all who commented with suggestions, I’ll update as soon as I make progress. 2FE53E63-E2FF-4F3A-B145-E95FE34A2268.jpeg

Back