• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

renamed: DHS buys 1.6 billion rounds in 10 months

Re: DHS buys 750 million rounds of ammo

This thread is about the government buying huge numbers of hand gun ammo. The government is not going into WW3 with hand gun ammo.

Your post has nothing to do with this thread. I fell for this in the VP thread but won't fall for it again.

I don't mind at all reading what your opinion is but suggest you start a new thread for it.

carbinemike said:
Your post has nothing to do with this thread. I fell for this in the VP thread but won't fall for it again.

This post was made by Mylastrook who is currently on your ignore list.

It works real good unless someone quotes him.

carbinemike said:
Some of the agancies are responding to the ammo purchase attention they have gotton this week. DHS isn't one of them.

I added up the cost of 750 million rounds of 40 S&W for DHS and it came to a third of a billion dollar ammunition order.

Over three hundred million dollars for pistol ammo.

sheez louise. :evil:

I would be more concerned that they know about some pending legislation that will drive the price up and they are locking prices in advance of that ....

my .02

According to this they are prepping for civil unrest.

http://www.examiner.com/article/more-federal-agencies-buy-multithousands-of-rounds-of-ammo

The official explanation for the ammunition is preparation for the possibility of civil unrest during a national emergency, such as a natural disaster, a terrorist attack, or a complete economic collapse.

Observers say that the growing specter of a complete economic collapse is the one thing that is most responsible for this unprecedented effort toward preparation on the part of multiple government agencies.

A few observers, however, see a much more ominous motivation behind the mass purchase of ammo. Some believe that the federal government is preparing for Martial law during which citizens would be deprived of the freedom to their firearms and during which curfews would be imposed nationwide.

I wish they had sited the source of the "official explanation"

Curiouser and curiouser...

Insanity! Again I say, I agree the economy and jobs are big deals, worthy of dedicating time to, but if no one else is gonna see whats goin on with the creeping incrementalism, we wont be able to discuss any of the issues of the day.

Bovine Scatology

http://www.theburningplatform.com/?p=40570

The link is to an article that shows urban assault vehicles with DHS stenciling on the door. I also noted the website has a flag that they support the occupy movement. It's a pretty wicked looking vehicle right down to the gun ports.

To be clear, I could not find any mainstream sources that would verify/disprove that the pictures are real. I tried to google this with snopes and didn't come up with anything either...take it for what it's worth.

Any ideas, real or not?

Dude, thats some crap I'm about to write about in the other thread!

Ok, well, not those vehicles, but some of the stuff described and the DHS and all...

Sorry to derail. The vehicles look legit. But cant and wouldnt say one way or another. On some level, I fully expect for the DHS to have their own vehicles, but I wouldnt have imagined those! Holy Smokes man!

So, here's the progression:

DHS buys 450 million rounds of .40 S&W hollow point and says that it's for target practice. Either it really is for target practice and that's wasting taxpayer money (nothing new) or it was bought to kill people because that's what hollow points are supposed to do. Of course, the media ate up the target practice story and others dismissed it because you don't fight a war with handgun ammo.

Then DHS orders 750 million rounds of assorted ammo, including bullets that can penetrate walls. The MSM focuses on ammo purchased by the Soc. Security Admin. instead of the DHS amassing over a billion rounds of ammo.

Add to that DHS acquiring riot gear, the Army running training exercises in major metropolitan areas, and a leaked Army MP manual about quelling riots, disarming citizens, and killing citizens on US soil.

And now this: http://www.infowars.com/dhs-purchases-200-million-more-rounds-of-ammunition/. Sniper and AR-15 ammo. I'm sure it's just for target practice, though.

The buy spree continues. 1.6 billion rounds in 10 months:

The Department of Homeland Security is set to purchase a further 21.6 million rounds of ammunition to add to the 1.6 billion bullets it has already obtained over the course of the last 10 months alone, figures which have stoked concerns that the federal agency is preparing for civil unrest.

A solicitation posted yesterday on the Fed Bid website details how the bullets are required for the DHS Federal Law Enforcement Training Center in Artesia, New Mexico.

The solicitation asks for 10 million pistol cartridge .40 caliber 165 Grain, jacketed Hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds) and 10 million 9mm 115 grain jacketed hollow point bullets (100 quantities of 100,000 rounds).

The document also lists a requirement for 1.6 million pistol cartridge 9mm ball bullets (40 quantities of 40,000 rounds).

An approximation of how many rounds of ammunition the DHS has now secured over the last 10 months stands at around 1.625 billion.

Back