• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Replacement cap for Choate magazine extension

Misery930

.270 WIN
I took my 930's magazine extension apart and noticed that the plastic cap is not hollow. In fact, it's nearly 1/2" thick and that could be valuable space for spring compression. I took a spring retainer that I had in my spare parts box and put it in the front of the extension. The retainer is partially open so I covered it up with a piece of grip tape. No particular reason for using grip tape, it was just what I had available. I have more wiggle room in the magazine after loading that 7th shell than I did before. Thought this may help if anyone wanted to get a little more space in their 930 magazine.

So you are speaking of the plastic portion marked CHOATE? Your pictures are not working. I recently purchased a 930 SPX and would like to know what you did to remove that piece from the extension. Mine is slightly crooked. The plastic piece meaning. The ext tube is nice and straight. Thanks.

Back