• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

replacement forend for 500c 20 g bantam

dan denick

Copper BB
I have a 500C 20 Gauge bantam that I bought for my wife and daughter to shoot. This is one of many Mossbergs that I own. The wooden forend has cracked and its been very difficult to find a replacement. This model has the 4.5" or 4.75" slide tube with the crown nut so it is very easy to replace if I could find a part. Multiple emails and phone calls to Mossberg customer service have gone un-answered. I would prefer a polymer or an aluminum forend if such a thing exists for this model. Can anyone suggest where I could find a replacement?

Welcome to the forum from NY.

Havlin (636) 937-6401.....They should be able to help you out. If not Numrich 845.679.2417.

Let us know how you make out.

Thank you for the Welcome! Yes I've contacted both Havlin and Numrich and the feedback is that Mossberg has not been forthcoming with this part and options...so I'm thinking I need an after-market solution. Also, I've been told that I can replace the 4-3/4 slide tube with a 6.5" and use a regular 20 ga forend but I'm positive that the 6.5" will work. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks I have one of those! It should fit a standard 20 g 6.5" slide tube but on the 500C Bantam 20 gauge has a 4-3/4" slide tube so it will not fit a Bantam model unfortunately....

I have a feeling you are going to wind up getting the longer tube along with the new forend.:rolleyes:

For a little while I'd been looking for a replacement stock and forearm for my 500C Bantam with the 4.5" or 4.75" slide tube with the crown nut, just like the OP. I finally found exactly what I needed. I was able to replace the forearm and stock on my 500C Bantam with the wood parts (Satin Birch) listed below from Brownells. They fit perfectly, matched each other, and were super easy to install. Also, the checkering on both parts is nicely cut, not stamped. You might take a look on the Brownells website to see if these parts appeal to you.

BTW - I was replacing a botched furniture refinishing job done by the previous owner on what is my first Mossberg (new to me). I'm extremely pleased with the result, although now I feel the temptation to strip and properly refinish the original furniture I had replaced. One project inevitably leads to another but at least its a labor of love.

The following merchandise was shipped 08/13/2015

631-000-056 12936WS STOCKS, BANTAM CUT CHECKERING

$64.99

631-000-055 13546WS FOREARM, BANTAM, CUT CKD, 6 3/

$40.99

Pics to follow if I get the time. Hope this info helps.

Tux

Back