• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Review for GG&G Mag Tube Extention 2 Shot and Follower for 930

Port Angeles

Copper BB
I bought a new Home Security 5 shot 930 about 4 months ago and really like it. I added a GG&G Tactical Charging Handle and decided to add a tube extension.

I read reviews on different brands but went with the GG&G 2 Shot Extention with the GG&G Follower package for the 930. They also included a 31" spring.

The new follower slide right into the tube. The new spring seemed to be the correct length. The mag tube extension screwed in easily and firmly. The mag extention is about 1/4" shorter than the barrel. I plan on adding a front sling attachment so this will make up some of this distance.

I went to the range and put a box of Winchester 2 3/4" 7/12 shot, Federal 2 3/4" 00 Buck, Federal 2 3/4" 00 Buck Copper Plated, and a Olin 00 Buckshot MG Buck through it. All the rounds loaded smoothly with no hangups or jams. I did not try low recoil loads but before installing the +2 extension they ran through the 930 fine. I will try them the next time I go to the range.

Last edited:
I have the GG&G follower on my 930 JM Pro. It solves the issue that the stock follower has with extension tubes. great piece of gear.

What is the logic in making a magazine extension that is short of the muzzle and is shorter than the Choate extension that came with the gun? They also make a 590A1 extension that extends 2 inches beyond the muzzle. Get it together, GG&G.

What is the logic in making a magazine extension that is short of the muzzle and is shorter than the Choate extension that came with the gun? They also make a 590A1 extension that extends 2 inches beyond the muzzle. Get it together, GG&G.

SOunds like his gun didn't come with an extension. Also, a lot of people don't like extensions to go past the barrel.

Follow up:

I just added a GG&G front sling attachment. It moved the extension tube closer to the end of the barrel. I prefer having the barrel slightly longer as I plan on adding more items.

Before I bought the GG&G I could not find any reviews on their extension tubes. I did read reviews on different brands and some folks had some problems. I liked the GG&G charging handle I installed so I took a chance on the GG&G tube. My review was written to say that the quality of the GG&G follower and extension tube is excellent, the parts fit perfectly, the spring arrived at what appears to be the proper length, and there were no hang ups of any type. They offered a discount if you bought a follower at the same time and I took advantage of that.

My Home Defence 930 model is a stripped down basic model. I wanted a add a couple of items to personalize it and I am happy with my purchase from GG&G and the way the 930 performs.

SOunds like his gun didn't come with an extension. Also, a lot of people don't like extensions to go past the barrel.

I said 'the Choate extension that came with the gun'. My 930 has an extension. Why would ANYONE like an extension that extends beyond the muzzle? Tape measures aren't hard to use.

I said 'the Choate extension that came with the gun'. My 930 has an extension. Why would ANYONE like an extension that extends beyond the muzzle? Tape measures aren't hard to use.

The Home Security 5 shot the OP has does not come with an extension on it.

http://www.kygunco.com/mossberg-930...ity-12ga-shotgun-185-barrel-5-shot-blue-26069

Many people have extensions that are longer than the barrel. Especially in 3 gun. You can go up to 2ft past the end of the barrel before you have any issues.

Even for home defense, if it's only a couple of inches longer but adds an extra round, no one ever died wishing they had less ammo.

Last edited:
Although I don't have a 930 everything GG&G I have has been very very well thought out, over built awesome, craftsmanship with very few rivals

Extremely well made products, exceptional company to deal with. Just purchased a 2 shot tube,follower and front sling/flashlight rail. All products fit perfectly on my 930 standoff! Thank You , GG&G

Back