• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Revision Military Hellfly Review

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
Hellfly-Header.gif

Sunglass-style ballistic protection in a sleek wrap-around frame for everyday,
on or off-duty use.

http://www.revisioneyewear.com/store/he ... asses.html

HellflyPic1.jpg

Hellfly-ProdPic1.jpg

PHOTOCHROMIC LENS TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE

OPTICS: 2mm thick lenses made of high impact, optical grade polycarbonate ensure visual clarity.
100% UV PROTECTION from harmful UV A-B-C rays.
WRAP-AROUND design with wide field-of-view protects from light, wind and unexpected fragments.
COMFORTABLE FIT contours to face; adjustable nosepiece for custom fit; overmolded arms keep eyewear in place.
LOW PROFILE DESIGN provides comfort for all.
TOUGH & DURABLE material resistant to chemicals & extreme temperatures; lens hard coated for maximum scratch resistance.
LIGHTWEIGHT: At 1 oz. the Hellfly is lightweight and comfortable.
VARIETY of frame and lens colors to suit any mission.
OPTIONAL PRESCRIPTION lenses available.

Ok, I'm way diggin these, more so than the sawfly even! Dude, this is much more my style!!!

I wanted a pair of sunglasses that had a bit more protection than my Oakley gas can II and these fit the bill perfectly!

Heck, I'm always lookin for another pair of glasses, and from what you have posted, I really like the Revision stuff, they look great and a style to suit anyone!

The Sawfly are hands down one of the nicest sets of shooting glasses I have seen without spending crazy money. The Hellfly are great for everyday use and offer nearly the same protection that the Sawfly do.

The biggest advantage I see to the sawfly over these is the added peripheral vision, wider field of vision. That, I think would be better for competition shooting.

Cant decide which way I'd go now, prob be leanin towards the Sawfly I guess.

For competition I would definitely go with the Sawfly for the added benefit of being able to swap out lenses.

Just got my Hellfly glasses!!! I got the black frame and polarized lenses folks! I've been wearin polarized lenses for sometime, so when I saw these on Revision, that was it!

They came in today, EXCELLENT!!! Lightweight, great fit! I'll get some pics and I'll be using these everyday!

Dan, thanks for recommending these and for the review! Great glasses, I'll add to this review as I'm able!!!

These deserve an update already!

I've been wearin the Hellflys since I got them! It rained over night and was overcast all day today. I still wore them all day. They arent overly dark and I had zero issues with them on a dreary miserable day like today. The polarized lenses still add a crispness to everything whether bright sun or haze or cloudy!

Awesome glasses!

I am glad you are loving them as much as I do! I wear mine all the time as well.

m24shooter said:
I like those. I'm planning on picking up another pair soon.
They will run discounts from time to time.

I may get another pair too! I kind of want the amber lenses on hand as well! And Allison likes them, she wears them just as often as I'll let her!!!

file.php

Wow, two years since I posted anything on these?

Well, I still wear the same pair of Hellflys daily!

I'm not especially careful with them and often just toss them in the glove box when I head into work. Not a scratch on the lens and I most commonly use my shirt or just my fingers to knock the dust off.

I e really only got one issue with them. The rubber nose piece has degraded and fell off leaving the metal exposed. You'll recall (maybe) I mentioned the nose piece was adjustable, you could widen it or pinch I tighter to better fit the bridge of your nose and it functioned as a retainer to hold the glasses on your face. Ok, so that piece no longer has the rubber on it so I just pushed the metal sides out so they don't contact my nose. I could find a small screwdriver and remove it altogether but haven't only because the small metal parts don't interfere with my field of vision.

The glasses do slide a little on my nose now and because of the fit bein closer to my face they are now more prone to fogging.

Oh, the rubber on the ear pieces has loosened a bit around the edges but is rather still intact. Not a deal breaker for me.

Two years of daily solid wear in all conditions and these are the only faults I find. They remain my favorite pair of glasses. No scratches no and no blemishes otherwise. I remain very satisfied with them!

I'm goin to update this thread again.

It's been a little over 4 years that I've been wearing the Revision Hellfly and the conditions I mentioned above have gotten worse like with the rubber on the earpieces but I still wear these EVERY SINGLE DAY!

The ear pieces have never loosened, a screw has never backed out and I only just began to notice permanent light scratches on the lenses last summer. Not enough that it interferes in any way with my line of sight.

These have been the single most impressive glasses I've ever owned and would/will most definitely invest in another pair someday.

If I had to change anything, I'd say the rubber nose piece could be a harder rubber though it was only after two years of solid everyday wear that it began to give out. They're a flex fit style, so I understand why it's a rubber piece. It truly helps to fit the frames to ones face, just wondering out loud if you will if there's a more durable compound. Though its been over four years so maybe there's something else they're using now.

I dunno, but the glasses are still awesome and still look good!

Back