• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifle Collections/ Group Photos

A good Very pistol. The Cogswell & Harrison is well made. I hope to own some in my collection at some point but the paperwork for them here is a nightmare. A friend of mine has a few of the Webley ones and a Japanese one

chrismetallica1 said:
A good Very pistol. The Cogswell & Harrison is well made. I hope to own some in my collection at some point but the paperwork for them here is a nightmare. A friend of mine has a few of the Webley ones and a Japanese one

I don't understand the paperwork issue. :eek: It's not like these are grenade launchers. Or is it a historical artifact thing? But that doesn't compute either - there were hundreds of thousands of these made, and you can find them pretty cheap on web. I've seen them for ~$100+/- .

Pistols with barrels less than 12" are prohibited in the UK unless it is kept at a section 7 historical arms club. Flare guns are legal with licencing under section 1 of the firearms act, however can only be purchased if permission is granted by the local police force. Permission is based on 3 categories 1. Owning a boat, 2. working with an air field, 3. collector. Unfortunately due to UK law as they are classed as a pistol loads of paperwork is involved

The paperwork is only £28 and you can pick the flare guns up for £70 to £150

chrismetallica1 said:
Pistols with barrels less than 12" are prohibited in the UK unless it is kept at a section 7 historical arms club. Flare guns are legal with licencing under section 1 of the firearms act, however can only be purchased if permission is granted by the local police force. Permission is based on 3 categories 1. Owning a boat, 2. working with an air field, 3. collector. Unfortunately due to UK law as they are classed as a pistol loads of paperwork is involved

The paperwork is only £28 and you can pick the flare guns up for £70 to £150

Y'all have it pretty tough over there. I'm starting to think you might have been better off under the Tudors, at least as far as weaponry goes. ;)

Picked up 2 more for my collection today. SMLE and a P14, spent a small fortune testing them out. Great day at the range

407969971.jpg

Love the craftsmanship on the old rifles. If only they could speak. The SLME is smooth as butter on the bolt and the woodwork on the P14 is great. Love the old rifles cant beat them

Here's a group photo of my tactical rifles

Arsenal SGL21-61
Colt SP6920
Colt LE6940
IWI Tavor (picked this up a couple weeks ago)
Mossberg 590

Very nice!

How d'you like the Tavor? I've spent some time behind them and it's a fine machine...

I've wanted one since late last year after finding out the Tavor can accept standard AR-15 magazines, so I could use all the AR mags I already have in a bullpup platform. I haven't shot this one yet, but have ran some clearing drills in my home. It makes me wonder how anyone can do the same thing using an AR-15 or other long gun. Bullpups are known for not having the greatest of triggers and the Tavor is barely an exception. The trigger pull is heavy and yet crisp. Then again the concept of the design was never meant to be about precision. It is one way to get into a SBR size gun without paying extra, and you still get the advantage of a full length barrel in a short overall package. I was wanting to get the FN FS2000, but found out it doesn't accept some AR-15 magazines. I'm glad I held off.

I love FN rifles, but the FS2000 is one bulky SOB.

The trigger on my Ps90 is a bit on the heavy side, but it was designed as a two-stage for select fire. Still, the break is clean and crisp. Taking standard AR mags is definitely a big win. Again, congrats Sir...

What kind of 308 goodness are you looking at getting into?

As many around here know, I'm really partial to the FAL.

What kind of 308 goodness are you looking at getting into?

As many around here know, I'm really partial to the FAL.
Was checking out DS Arms for that, for now I'm still doing my home work...I'm in a state that needs bullet buttons and all...lol.

DSA makes AR15 recievers (unsure if they do AR10).

They also do PTR's (which are more or less HK91/Cetme's) and also FAL's.

Most of their stuff is pretty good. I have their scope mount on my Fal, and also purchased some mags from them for it too, though I like the Moses mags better than the DSA mags hands down.

Here are a few more of mine.
Springfield M1A, Springfield M1 Garand, Winchester and M1 Carbine

My Arisaka in 7mm Jap., and a Mosin Nagant 91/30

With a few of my Bayonets and their sheaths. I have a few more, but they've never made it under the camera

Back