1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Rifle Collections/ Group Photos

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by M14owner, Aug 23, 2010.

1. chrismetallica1

chrismetallica1 .270 WIN

A good Very pistol. The Cogswell & Harrison is well made. I hope to own some in my collection at some point but the paperwork for them here is a nightmare. A friend of mine has a few of the Webley ones and a Japanese one
  2. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Racist old man BANNED

I don't understand the paperwork issue. :eek: It's not like these are grenade launchers. Or is it a historical artifact thing? But that doesn't compute either - there were hundreds of thousands of these made, and you can find them pretty cheap on web. I've seen them for ~$100+/- .
  3. chrismetallica1

chrismetallica1 .270 WIN

Pistols with barrels less than 12" are prohibited in the UK unless it is kept at a section 7 historical arms club. Flare guns are legal with licencing under section 1 of the firearms act, however can only be purchased if permission is granted by the local police force. Permission is based on 3 categories 1. Owning a boat, 2. working with an air field, 3. collector. Unfortunately due to UK law as they are classed as a pistol loads of paperwork is involved

The paperwork is only £28 and you can pick the flare guns up for £70 to £150
  4. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Racist old man BANNED

Y'all have it pretty tough over there. I'm starting to think you might have been better off under the Tudors, at least as far as weaponry goes. ;)
  5. chrismetallica1

chrismetallica1 .270 WIN

Picked up 2 more for my collection today. SMLE and a P14, spent a small fortune testing them out. Great day at the range

[​IMG]
    TomcatPC likes this.
  6. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

As always two more beauty's to your collection Chris. :)
  7. chrismetallica1

chrismetallica1 .270 WIN

Love the craftsmanship on the old rifles. If only they could speak. The SLME is smooth as butter on the bolt and the woodwork on the P14 is great. Love the old rifles cant beat them
  8. akgunnut

akgunnut .410

Here's a group photo of my tactical rifles

[​IMG]

Arsenal SGL21-61
    Colt SP6920
    Colt LE6940
    IWI Tavor (picked this up a couple weeks ago)
    Mossberg 590
  9. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

Very nice!

How d'you like the Tavor? I've spent some time behind them and it's a fine machine...
  10. akgunnut

akgunnut .410

I've wanted one since late last year after finding out the Tavor can accept standard AR-15 magazines, so I could use all the AR mags I already have in a bullpup platform. I haven't shot this one yet, but have ran some clearing drills in my home. It makes me wonder how anyone can do the same thing using an AR-15 or other long gun. Bullpups are known for not having the greatest of triggers and the Tavor is barely an exception. The trigger pull is heavy and yet crisp. Then again the concept of the design was never meant to be about precision. It is one way to get into a SBR size gun without paying extra, and you still get the advantage of a full length barrel in a short overall package. I was wanting to get the FN FS2000, but found out it doesn't accept some AR-15 magazines. I'm glad I held off.
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

I love FN rifles, but the FS2000 is one bulky SOB.

The trigger on my Ps90 is a bit on the heavy side, but it was designed as a two-stage for select fire. Still, the break is clean and crisp. Taking standard AR mags is definitely a big win. Again, congrats Sir...
  12. Diescrap95

Diescrap95 .22LR

Here's my Kids...wanting to adopt a .308:)
    [​IMG]
  13. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Some good lookin noise makers there...
  14. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

What kind of 308 goodness are you looking at getting into?

As many around here know, I'm really partial to the FAL.
  15. Diescrap95

Diescrap95 .22LR

Was checking out DS Arms for that, for now I'm still doing my home work...I'm in a state that needs bullet buttons and all...lol.
  16. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

DSA makes AR15 recievers (unsure if they do AR10).

They also do PTR's (which are more or less HK91/Cetme's) and also FAL's.

Most of their stuff is pretty good. I have their scope mount on my Fal, and also purchased some mags from them for it too, though I like the Moses mags better than the DSA mags hands down.
  17. GEARCHECKER

GEARCHECKER .410

Here are a few more of mine.
    Springfield M1A, Springfield M1 Garand, Winchester and M1 Carbine
    [​IMG]

My Arisaka in 7mm Jap., and a Mosin Nagant 91/30
    [​IMG]

With a few of my Bayonets and their sheaths. I have a few more, but they've never made it under the camera
    [​IMG]
    Diescrap95 likes this.
  18. LAZY EYED SNIPER

That top photo makes me drool...
    old mossy likes this.
  19. old mossy

Love the M-1's
  20. old mossy

Nice Mossberg family. Thanks for the pic.:)