1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Rifle/Shotgun Recommendations and Advice...

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by RippSpeed, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Itsricmo

Itsricmo .30-06

Re: Which rifle(s) might fill a possible HD void?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
  2. Rossignol

Rossignol The Original Sheriff Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator Sponsor

What would y'all suggest for hypothetically an older woman who would say a gallon of milk is heavy. I'm not talking handguns because hypothetically she would have a hard time either manipulating a slide or loading a cylinder so I'm hypothetically thinking of something that would require fewer fine motor skills and not real heavy recoiling.

Does anyone have any experience with hypotheticals of this nature?

Maybe a .410 single shot? A little weight but in a more compact package... I wonder if something like that could work?
  3. Rossignol

4. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Ruger 10/22. High volume of firepower, light, low recoil and easily manipulated by the not so dexterous (esp with an extended mag/bolt release)
    Rossignol likes this.
  5. Rossignol

Not a bad idea but in this hypothetical, the person wouldn't have the manual dexterity to load the relatively small bullet into the magazine. We're in need of a much simpler manual of arms with fewer steps and could be used at closer distances.
  6. Pawpaw

Pawpaw .30-06 Supporter

I know you said no pistols, but I would check out the Sig P238.

The slide is very easy to manipulate and it's a very soft shooter. Both are because it's a locked breach design, where most pocket .380s are blow back.
    Rossignol likes this.