• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifle stolen from deputy's car...on my road

Send pix of rifle.
lol.gif

Not cool at all.

Pretty brazen to steal a gun from a police cruiser.

There was a time when Ford Crown Victoria cars didn't have sheet metal behind the tail lamp assemblies. Many cop cars trunks were easily broken into by smashing the lamp assembly, reaching inside, and pulling the glow-in-the-dark emergency trunk release. The FBI had an incident where a lot of machine guns were stolen from a restaurant parking lot while four agents were eating inside.

After thinking about this for a while, I bet it was someone that knew him and his routine.

I'm thinking a nearby neighbor.

Could see when he left, knew he'd be in bed, or wasn't home.

That's what I'm thinking.

I do not know it for a fact, but I would assume it was locked into some sort of long gun stand, in the vehicle.

Untitled_123123123__97755.1403727660.500.500.jpg

Take care. Tom Worthington

Not starting a pissing conteat or anything like that just a practical observation. Hauling gear in and out the car could be excessive in some situations. Having been married many years to a career deputy sheriff i have a little insite. My ex is in a fairly remote county and they roll pretty heavy. 12 guage in cab, 12 guage marked and loaded non lethal in trunk. Department issued M16a1(yes m16 full auto happy switch not burst they came from uncle sam air force in some program about 5 years ago) and her personal AR15. And there was often a pistol in her gear bag. So just saying they have a heck of a tough job most do it well.

It's illegal to break into a car, just the same as it is to break into their house.

It's just as illegal to steal someones' property from anywhere it is.

Just give it a few more years guys. Self-driving electric computer cars are here now. But in the future?

When a dope breaks into a cop car to steal things, the cop car will be able to catch him on its own.

And it'll Buzz the LEOs phone. Perp inside a locked cop car? Case closed!

Just give it a few more years guys. Self-driving electric computer cars are here now. But in the future?

When a dope breaks into a cop car to steal things, the cop car will be able to catch him on its own.

And it'll Buzz the LEOs phone. Perp inside a locked cop car? Case closed!

Take care. Tom Worthington

I forgot about that one. Thanks Tom.

We own all those movies. My wife loves RoboCop.

Back