• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifled Barrel & Optics for 930 JM PRO

NoImpactNoIdea

Supporter
Received my rifled barrel and picatinny rail this evening from Mossberg through FedEx and decided to mount it after a thorough clean and lube. I also mounted my Leupold UltimateSlam 3-9x40 with Sabot Ballistic Recticle. None of the LGS carry sabot shells so I'll have to wait to dial in my zero.

I looked on MidwayUSA and Brownell's and found that Sabot shells are not very cheap.:(

Last edited:
Nice. Will you be swapping the scope and barrel for other configurations? If so I'm curious as to how close your scope stays dialed in.

Nice. Will you be swapping the scope and barrel for other configurations? If so I'm curious as to how close your scope stays dialed in.
I'll swap out to the stock 22" barrel w/trulock choke set. I will check if the scope is helpful shooting slugs in it. I 'll keep y'all posted.

Last edited:
I don't know if this is practical for you or not or how far you plan to shoot but I cast my own slugs using dead soft lead and a Lee 1 Oz mold and then the slugs fit into an ordinary AA white wad and are loaded on a standard shotshell loader.
The slugs "key" into the wad and the rifled barrel spins them. They are extremely accurate out to 140 yards and are very low cost.
I have used them on large whitetail deer with great results for 20 years.

I don't cast yet or reload for shotgun, but I thank you for the info. I've seen the savings I get from reloading for my pistols and rifle. Hopefully in a couple of years I can make the move.

Back