• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rifled slug through turkey barrel (Item 91320) ?

hise0001

Copper BB
I've got a 535 with 28" field barrel only. I would like to have a shorter barrel in the woods.. I plan on turkey hunting this spring and have my first go at deer hunting next fall.

Can the shorter turkey barrel (item 91320) have the choke removed and use my IC choke from the field barrel and use rifled slugs?

Thanks.

Yes, you can swap chokes and shoot slugs with no problem.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

Now if only I can find a 24" smoothbore barrel blued instead of camo I'd be set. Looks like the 500 supports a lot more options and configurations that the 535..

If you are willing to spend the money on a new magazine tube, you will be able to use the 500A barrels on the 535 receiver, you just will not be able shoot 3.5" shells through them.

I have a 500A deer barrel on my 835 right now.

Just food for thought is you want even more options.

Humm... I'll may trade with my son... my 535 for his 500.

He's wanting to get specific guns for specific purposes... he's looking to buy a 270 over the summer for deer hunting next fall. He's probably making the smart decision...

I was/am trying to do everything with my shotgun... Barrels for the 535 are so expensive... they really shouldn't be... I mean when you buy a combo it works out that the rifled barrel is around $50... in my position, it costs $220 for the rifled barrel/scope for the 535... For that kind of money, I probably should go ahead and consider a 100ATR 270... $265 at cheaperthandirt.

But... trade my son for his 500 and get a 24" smoothbore ($125) for in-the-woods hunting and my 28" barrel for dove... that's my latest leanings..

decisions decisions.. :)

Thanks for your feedback

I would purchase it from anywhere besides cheaper than dirt.

I wouldn't give them my used toilet paper.

So I called mossberg customer service... they had a lot more barrels than the four they have listed on the website. I got a 20" turkey barrel with fiber sights, turkey choke, matte black for the 535 for $120 shipping included.... can't wait for it to come in...

Back