1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

Discussion in 'Long Guns' started by Jtlow, May 10, 2011.

1. thorgodofthunder

thorgodofthunder .410

My first .22lr, surprising since I have acquired a bunch of other calibers first.

Winchester model 190 tube mag semi auto. Holds 14+1. My guess was this leaned in the corner of someone's garage and shot pests. The barrel has some rust, the rear sight is smashed and missing the elevator, the front sight is chipped, and when I acquired it the barrel was loose. That being said, the bore was nice and bright and didn't look damaged. Even with the barrel loose, it still shot 5 rounds and cycled.

Tightened the barrel nut, cleaned it out, and have a new factory rear sight and a Lyman front sight on their way from Numrich.

Bought it at a yard sale with those issues for $40. Sights were around $24 shipped, more than half the price of the gun lol. Hopefully it will be a good little beater/plinker. I was thinking about flipping it but I like how it handles and feels and shoots. Also, everyone needs a .22lr so I guess it stays. Also, it is my first Winchester.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

Nice find!
  3. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

4. thorgodofthunder

thorgodofthunder .410

thanks guys, I can't wait til that box from Numrich shows up so I can go sight her in. I also found out it will hold 16+1. Now I am wishing I had picked up a couple bricks when I had the opportunity...oh well. edit: in case anyone cares it has a 19-1/4" barrel, it is sort of a bull barrel, 5/8" diameter. It is probably just to allow all of the dovetail cuts (3) in the barrel alone.
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2014
  5. dalefan88

dalefan88 .22LR

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404736238.777200.jpg

My daughters and my ruger 10/22s

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. MikeD

MikeD I'm Your Huckleberry Staff Member Global Moderator "Philanthropist"

Nice, that's actually some nice grain in the pink stock.
  7. Gunned down

Gunned down .270 WIN

My CIL 5$ find ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404756478.097316.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404756592.449103.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404756606.580392.jpg sorry for the crappy pics
  8. LAZY EYED SNIPER

LAZY EYED SNIPER Overwatch Staff Member Global Moderator Supporter "Philanthropist"

9. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Moderator

10. mark.yandell.71

mark.yandell.71 .270 WIN

Picked up the new Ruger Tactical .22. This thing is awesome! Sorry for the poor cellphone pics. Put a Burris fast fire 2 on it for now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    50th anniversary on the Bolt. About 34.5" over all length. It'll be perfect for the kids.
  11. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Congrats, looks like a fun shooter...
    mark.yandell.71 likes this.
  12. rdm76mav88

rdm76mav88 20g "Philanthropist"

Bought a marlin model 60 today can't wait to shoot it! 2014-09-04 16.00.14.jpg
    oli700 and LAZY EYED SNIPER like this.
  13. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Very nice, congrats!
  14. aksavanaman

aksavanaman Work In Progress... Supporter "Philanthropist"

For plain jane ruggedness and simplicity (and price) the 60 is tough to beat. I love my 10/22 and own both... but I certainly don't hold my nose up to the Marlin. The microgroove barrel and .22LR were a match made in heaven!
  15. rdm76mav88

$175 out the door couldnt really complain!
  16. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

I have never done this, what is it like to have a firearm that made it home unfired ?
  17. LAZY EYED SNIPER

I've never had an opportunity to fire any of my guns prior to purchase. There are two places in town that have their own range and will rent range models to try out, but you can't fire the weapon you're buying until after the purchase is complete. The rest of the shops around here don't even have that option. It's great that you're able to do that oli, but many of us have never had that option...
  18. rdm76mav88

The shop is a 1/4 mile from my house were not allowed to fire our guns within city limits :( I have a range 5 minutes from me but hand gun only
  19. oli700

oli700 12g Supporter "Philanthropist"

say what? I have never shot a gun before I bought it either
  20. LAZY EYED SNIPER

Ah, so you just head to the range from the store then.

...you'll have to excuse me, I'm a little slow... :confused: