• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

Re: Tactical .22 Photo Thread (non-Mossberg)

MikeD, the process is pricey. Much more than I think is necessary or should be, however, the end result is worth it in my humble opinion.

Lazy Eye Sniper, My P22 has the threaded 3.5" barrel too. The real advantage of using the Walther as a host is the barrel is so short that it keeps almost all 22 bullets subsonic. Whether Hi-Velocity or not.

The long AR barrel however, will need use subsonic ammo to see the full benefit of the can.

I've heard a lot of good things about wolf match ammo

And my dedicated suppressed AR upper has a .223 barrel on it with conversion kit, so I use Aguila 60 gr SSS in it with good results.

They are very quiet and have a nice little thump out of barrels that have a faster twist rate that can stabilize them.

waltherp22invertedthreadprotecter-1-2.jpg

I actually tested some of the Wolf Match stuff for my LGS and I was really impressed with the results. I've got a bunch of subsonic laying aroung, mostly the cheapo 38gr Remy SS. I've heard great things about the Aquila SSS, but this barrel has a 1:16" twist, so I don't know how it would perform...

All the 1:16 twist barrels I have tried the 60 gr SSS in, have not been able to stablize it worth crap. And especially not the P22.

Shotgun pattern groups. Likely keyholes if I pushed it out farther than I usually would with a 22.

But they do good with the ceiner conversion kit in my dedicated AR upper that you can see being used in the video above.

Thanks for the positive feedback on the wolf match. They're all subsonic to my knowlege, and I've been wanting to try buy a big pack of them to see how they do.

Just finished up my latest project...

Remington 597 AAC-SD .22lr

Very nice looking project.

How's she sound?

Thank you Sir,

Don't know yet. Was gonna take her out for a run this morning, but the 25° outside talked me out of it. I might be able to take her out tomorrow and I'll post up a range report.

Sounds like it is going to deserve its' own thread. ;)

I'll prpbably post it up in my Plinker Project thread in the Workbench subforum.

gsg-5 1st anniversary edition

Well i took my son to the gun show yesterday and i saw lots of good guns but nothing i really wanted. Then i stumbled across the gsg-522. Its the newer version of the gsg-5. It was cool but i would rather have one of the original gsg-5's. Well someone had one. And it was a 1st anniversary edition. I have done a little research on these and with the lawsuit that that h&k won against gsg i was wondering if this is a gun that it might be worth hanging on to instead of shooting. Its already 4 years old and never fired. It looks like it will be a blast to shoot. Ill post pictures later when i can get them uploaded. I just find it strange to have a 1st anniversary. And its got a titanium colored finish on the gun.

Re: gsg-5 1st anniversary edition

Can't wait to see the pics...but as far as shootin' it...well, life is short !!

I agree.

If it were me it'd get shot and often. Understood that it's an anniversary edition, but the collector value of an item like that is subjective to a relatively small niche in the market. Ten years from now I doubt there will be much difference in resale value whether is has been shot or not.

I would probably shoot it but then again I haven't been hit by the collectors bug

Okay sorry for the long wait but i couldn't link these with my ipad.

232323232%7Ffp53858%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D38746%3A54%3B232%3Anu0mrj

This is my fiance holding the new toy.
232323232%7Ffp53838%3Enu%3D8%3B%3A2%3E%3A55%3E239%3EWSNRCG%3D38746%3A54%3A%3B32%3Anu0mrj

Sweet!

Great lookin GSG Sir. By the smile on her face while she's holding that thing I'll betcha it's gonna end up getting fired after all...and soon. :lol:

yeah she kept trying to put her finger on the trigger...

Another highlight of the gun show was when after walking around looking at stuff and handling some different guns my son says to me.. "Daddy when does the show start?" i said what show buddy... and he says, "The gun show!" lol i cracked up laughing because he thought we had been messing around at enough tables he was ready to sit down and watch the "show". He is only 6 and this was his first gun show. I think he really enjoyed it.

Well it looks like i can't leave this one alone for long either... i went ahead and ordered the H&K quick takedown pins and a buffer stop and a set of new stainless screws and some blue locktite. i guess the factory bolts are a little bit sub par and almost everyone has had to replace them so i might as well do it before i shoot it. parts should be in this weekend. I might have this one up and running before the 590A1!!

Looks like this one is going to turn into a shooter after all!

I don't know how many "anniversary" models there were, but there were quite a few of the little GSG's made/imported before HK got their feelings hurt that someone was making money on an gun that had been made by an airsoft company and converted to shoot 22 without licensing.

In short, HK wasn't getting a cut of the proceeds.

You can find out more here:
http://larrycorreia.wordpress.com/2007/ ... -hate-you/

haha good read John. I've read all about it. that's why i wanted one of the first ones instead of the gsg-522, i just figured the anniversary edition was a bonus. even though you can get a parts kit that turns it back into the first gen look.

I took it completly apart last night and removed the magazine disconect lever from the trigger assy and replaced all the screws on the gun with stainless steel hex screws and nuts. all the parts had cutouts for the nuts but there were no nuts. so hopefully i wont be having any problems with the gun screws loosening up and tearing the gun apart. I also installed a derlin button on the inside of the charging handle tube so that the handle doesnt beat up against the tube and crack it.
My H&K quick takedown pins are still on their way and should arrive today.

If anyone decides to get one of these little rifles let me know and i'll point you in the right direction for getting the recomended parts.

Back