• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rimfire Rifle Pics and Discussion (non-Mossberg)

Just picked up a new DMPS AP4 dedicated .22lr upper. :D

Slapped it on my carbine lower for the pic. I've got a stripped lower for it ready to go and am just waiting on a couple lower parts kits to arrive. Ordered a half dozen 25rd BDM mags and am keeping my fingers crossed that they actually ship. Couldn't let the Mrs. have all the fun with her AR-22 and I sure as hell wasn't gonna head to the range with that pink thing... :lol:

Pictures don't really do it justice, but here's one of mine.

Remington 513T. I got it at a gun show a couple years back, and the stock was rough. I gave it a good cleaning up, and refinished the stock myself using a Birchwood-Casey Tru-Oil kit. The scope is a Leupold VX-II Target, 6-18x40, AO, target knobs, fine crosshair/dot reticle.
I've since added a 1-1/4" NM sling from Turner Saddlery.

100_2872.jpg

100_2874.jpg

100_2868.jpg

100_2871.jpg

Before-
100_2802.jpg

100_2806.jpg

2-15-09011.jpg

Daisy Legacy Model 2202

A lot of people don't realize it, but Daisy made a .22 rifle for a couple of years in the late 1980s.
It was available in four models- A single shot bolt action, a bolt action repeater with a synthetic stock (like this one), a bolt action repeater with a wooden stock, and a semi-auto with a synthetic stock. It had a lot of neat features;

-A ten round rotary magazine, almost like a 10/22, but different enough to not interchange;
-An adjustable buttplate- there's a button about the size of a quarter on the buttstock, push it and you can pull the buttstock out and push it in;
-A removable trigger group, which was a big selling point for my Mom when I wanted to keep it in my room;
-A removable barrel, by way of a captive nut on the breech end of the barrel. There was a 2202 variant that came with both a rifled barrel and a smoothbore barrel. I always wanted a smoothbore barrel for it but couldn't find one.

I got this one for Christmas when I was 11 years old. It was a great little shooter, with the 4x Bushnell ScopeChief we mounted on it. Sadly, I passed it down to my son just in time for the barrel to start getting shot out, the striker spring to start losing strength, and the firing pin to break. No shame for it though, it's had countless thousands and thousands of rounds through it, accounted for many small game animals, and was a constant companion for me on the mountain behind my parent's house during my teenage years. It was around to teach my son the basics, and I don't think it was a bit offended when I gave him a new Savage MKII GL (left handed) on his 11th Christmas.
Either way, it holds a special place in my heart, and a special spot in the gun cabinet.

TravisM.1 said:
2-15-09011.jpg

Daisy Legacy Model 2202

A lot of people don't realize it, but Daisy made a .22 rifle for a couple of years in the late 1980s.
It was available in four models- A single shot bolt action, a bolt action repeater with a synthetic stock (like this one), a bolt action repeater with a wooden stock, and a semi-auto with a synthetic stock. It had a lot of neat features;

-A ten round rotary magazine, almost like a 10/22, but different enough to not interchange;
-An adjustable buttplate- there's a button about the size of a quarter on the buttstock, push it and you can pull the buttstock out and push it in;
-A removable trigger group, which was a big selling point for my Mom when I wanted to keep it in my room;
-A removable barrel, by way of a captive nut on the breech end of the barrel. There was a 2202 variant that came with both a rifled barrel and a smoothbore barrel. I always wanted a smoothbore barrel for it but couldn't find one.

I got this one for Christmas when I was 11 years old. It was a great little shooter, with the 4x Bushnell ScopeChief we mounted on it. Sadly, I passed it down to my son just in time for the barrel to start getting shot out, the striker spring to start losing strength, and the firing pin to break. No shame for it though, it's had countless thousands and thousands of rounds through it, accounted for many small game animals, and was a constant companion for me on the mountain behind my parent's house during my teenage years. It was around to teach my son the basics, and I don't think it was a bit offended when I gave him a new Savage MKII GL (left handed) on his 11th Christmas.
Either way, it holds a special place in my heart, and a special spot in the gun cabinet.

I own 2 of the models you have posted. One of them are still NID. I bought the pair for my children when they were young. We decided to just shoot 1 of them and save the other. Kinda glad I did now. Daisy also made a caseless 22 called the VL. I had one of those back in the 80's.

JB

Here is a pic of a Rem 552 that followed me home from work last week. I still have to hit the range and give it a test drive, but I did tear it down and give it a good once over and all is in great shape.

JB

mossberg930remmington552013_zps97ddd187.jpg

Here is a pic of a Marlin 795 that I shoehorned into a M-1 carbine stock.

I will continue to dig around in my photo bucket account and find more pics of my rimfire colection if you all want me to post more.

JB

001resize-1.jpg

Here is a pic of my favorite marlin bolt action. It is the most accurate rimfire I own. Its a 25n ducks unlimited with a 3-9x32 on top.

GunVise006.jpg

Here is a pic of the 22 Daisy bolt actions I mentioned above.

2202003-1.jpg

This is a Marlin 60 in a boyds thumbhole stock, wearing a 4-16x40.

035.jpg

JB

Thanks L E S .

Here are a couple Hawes 22's revolvers I have. One is a western marshal and the other is a silver city marshal.

JPSauer002-1.jpg

Here are the two pistos pictured above, as well as a Hawes 44mag western marshel. On the left are a RG gold [never ben fired] and a ruger single six.

Revolvers011-1.jpg

JB

Thanks L E S .

Here are a couple rimfire pumps. A Stevens visable loader and a rossi.

neos003.jpg

This is a Savage/stevens group photo.

Savage5027.jpg

JB

Wow, JB, you have quite the collection! lol I am in the market for a pump 22. Father-in-law wants one bad and I wanted to get one for him as a surprise. They are proving difficult to locate!

911JB said:
Here is a pic of a Rem 552 that followed me home from work last week. I still have to hit the range and give it a test drive, but I did tear it down and give it a good once over and all is in great shape.

JB

mossberg930remmington552013_zps97ddd187.jpg

One of my uncle's died a few years ago and my aunt is moving in with her daughter, she called me and wanted to know if I wanted his hunting rifles, and I said yes. What I got was the same Remington speedmaster 552 as the one in the picture. I also got a lever action Winchester model 1894 and a Remington 870 wingmaster 16 ga. I am so glad that I was his only nephew who liked hunting. When I turned 16 he gave me my first gun which was a Ithaca model 37 16 ga. and I have had that gun for over 33 years.

Itsricmo said:
Wow, JB, you have quite the collection! lol I am in the market for a pump 22. Father-in-law wants one bad and I wanted to get one for him as a surprise. They are proving difficult to locate!

Yes they are a little hard to locate right now. I see a few of them at the shows but only a few. We have 4 left in the shop but none of them are exactly what I would call cheap. I think the lowest priced one is a old octagon barreled premier for 4 bones. The other 3 are colt colteer, Rem model 12 and a winchester model 6. But those 3 are around 7 bones. If a person could find a rossi they might get a better price. I think I gave 200 for the one in the pic.

JB

Back