• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Roseanne's new show

meanstreak

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
Back when Roseanne was on the first time I was an occassional watcher. Then after the National Anthem debacle at the baseball game I was a non watcher.

Recently though, I have come to at least think she has more common sense than 99% of the celebrities. Anyways, I did watch the new show the other night. I was certainly entertained, and got a good laugh. I'll probably watch it again next week, but don't know how long it will be able to keep the ratings up.

I'll watch it again to see where it goes.

Yeah, cnn and msnbc was really doing some serious bashing over the trump episode. Like they just couldn't believe it.

I guess coming from a "celebrity" they probably couldn't.

Still, it's Roseanne. I really never liked all the smart-aleck scripts. Just got under my skin.

I did not get to see it but everyone is predicting that they will have to tone things down in order to keep it on the air.

As I recall they said the same thing about Archie Bunker and yet All in the Family did okay.

Yeah, cnn and msnbc was really doing some serious bashing over the trump episode. Like they just couldn't believe it.

I guess coming from a "celebrity" they probably couldn't.

Still, it's Roseanne. I really never liked all the smart-aleck scripts. Just got under my skin.

I agree.

I see Roseanne in the same light as Rosie O'Donnell. They both turn my stomach almost as much as Hanoi Jane.

Last edited:
I used to watch her show. I didn't care for her personally but the show was entertaining.

I don't watch any sitcoms any more. The laugh tracks and inane jokes just do not ring funny to me any more.

I saw the ads for her new show that was to include the original cast and the first thought that popped into my head was which Becky?

I won't watch it to see.

Last edited:
Well if you go back and watch some comedy shows from the 50s and early 60s is easy to see that the level of intelligence involved in the production has dropped in direct proportion to the rise in creativity and $ involved in the production.

And if you look at shows that were made in the seventies and eighties and nineties, it is easy to chart the decline in the effect I mention.

Of course the audience has died and regenerated and so some old jokes become new again. The Timeless ones you know.

But the humor (if any) in what you see on TV today is transitory to the extreme.

I tend to watch only one TV show every day. Right now I've been watching Gotham, Midsomer Murders, Father Brown, x-Files, and Meet the press. There's something else I'm sure but it's not important enough for me to remember.

There were times in my life when I was a big TV addict, but not in the game show soap opera couch-potato sense.

There were some very good shows that I didn't get to see much of growing up because we often lived in places with almost no television.

The Boondocks. The sticks. The Hills. East Jesus. 10 miles from nowhere and a hundred miles from anything else.

So sometimes I would buy every available episode of a show that I never got to watch. I did the same thing with cable shows sometimes, because I have not had cable since the commercials started.

Anyhow, nowadays I'm much more interested in doing things than watching things, and I really always was.

Back