Ruger 10.22 with BSA Sweet 22 sight in day

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by Djcala, Jun 9, 2017.

1. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

Well I like the bolt hold open mod but I don't think I need the latch release. That's just for guys with big fingers, right.

My issue is that one of the magazines I have doesn't like to eject. It's defective in some measure & I probably need to file it off a little bit.
  2. John A.

John A. I'm "THAT" guy Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

I like the mag release because I can simply move my trigger finger and point it forward and the mag drops. No fidgeting needed.

Djcala likes this.
  3. Djcala

Djcala 20g Supporter

My sister was here in December and bought a new 10.22 hers had a decent mag release. Mine is from the early 80s and mag release is a pain i pretty much have to roll the rifle upside down to manipulate it. Its hi time i remedy that nonsense. 1500949407840-399864100.jpg
  4. John A.

Yeah, that would be real old by now.

If you don't want the pws, if you want my newer factory release, I'll see if I can find it and give it to you. I imagine it's a later 2016 model since I bought it around new years.
    Djcala likes this.
  5. CaddmannQ

CaddmannQ .308 Supporter

The one thing that I don't like about the Ruger 10/22 is that the proportions of the magazine make it difficult to remove if it decides to get a speck of dirt in that crack.

I don't know why they don't have a little handle or something on them. It's very difficult to grab the things.
  6. John A.

Or there are the 25/50 round mags that seat well below the stock
  7. Djcala

Djcala 20g Supporter

Thanks very much buddy a very generous thought. I actually ordered one from NDZ. I appreciate the insight and offer.
    https://www.ndzperformance.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=R-SMR-FLG1&CartID=1