• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger Rifles

Re: Anybody ever trick out a Ruger 10/22?

Sample pic of what I'm after...
guns031.jpg

I have almost done it more times then I can count. I just cant pull the trigger because its shoots fine and I thats one of my guns I dont want to have to baby. Just need to get another one I guess

That is a gun you can really go broke on when it comes to mods and accessories!

ladytech777 said:
That is a gun you can really go broke on when it comes to mods and accessories!

No kidding! You can buy a bolt which costs as much as a whole new gun! A receiver which costs twice as much, and a barrel which costs twice as much, and a competition trigger group, etc. etc. etc... So you can spend way over a 1,500 to trick out a $200 gun! And folks do it!

I'm not looking to do that at all. Mines old, and not as accurate as it was. Like I said, just a less expensive match barrel, even a factory bull would make me happy. And obviously a stock to fit the new barrel. There's a butler creek "kit" that has a match barrel and stock for under $150. Just need to research it to see if it's decent quality.

I haven't had one in a while.
Ya know, I prolly have enough money stuck back to get one.
My last 10/22 was pretty much stock with a Simmons 3x9x 40mm scope on it.

Ruger 10/22 Charger

I've often seen Ruger 10/22 Chargers at various shops and shows and never really gave them as much as a passing thought. I just figured the Charger was a rehash pistol version of the 10/22 semi auto. So no big deal right? or is it? :lol:

If you have one I'd like to hear about it...

Re: Ruger 10/22 Charger

That's pretty much it as far as I know.

I believe the magazines are interchangable so the charger is sorta-kinda like a legal SBR version of the 10/22 I guess. Also I'm not sure of too many other .22lr pistols that have as high a capacity. Possibly the S&W M&P 15/22P.

I'd like to pick one up if I see a deal someday but it's not high on my radar either.

I don't own one either, but I've fondled them on several occasions.

To Mike's point the PG only stock is an easy way to get around the SBR restrictions, but with a 10" heavy barrel and an OAL of around 20" it's not your average pistol. The weapon feels nicely balanced when sighting off of the included bi-pod, but feels pretty awkward otherwise. An acquaintence of mine loves his and says it's deadly accurate. I like the idea, but don't have much need for one myself.

Agree about stepping around the SB regulations. The roll marking on the barrel warns that it is for use with PG stocks only. It accepts all 10-22 magazines so thats a plus.

Most of the Y-tube videos, and articles I've read have a positive take on it, given the popularity of the 10/22 one would think the Charger would get better than a mixed reaction from shooters. Which is what appears to be the case.

I don't need one...yet I'm thinking about it. Whistle pig season (gophers) is around the corner and it's easy to burn through a brick of .22's in a day pegging them with a 10/22. It might be challenging to give the 10/22 a rest and use a Charger instead.

Re: Ruger 10/22 and Mini

The last time I shot her was 10 years ago, at a weapons quailifier. On the man size targets we use I was in the sniper's nest was aiming center mass and hitting the target in the shoulder area. Not bad using a cheap BSA 3-9x50 scope.

Done...on both accounts. :)
I ordered a Truglo red dot, a couple of 10/22 Volksquarten goddies, clear mags and an Alengator tri mag assembly to go with it and the 10/22.

Do I need a Charger?...nah not really, will it be fun to shoot? I believe so!

I'll be taking the Charger to the range this weekend, along with my 10/22, MK II, Single six and a couple of bricks of 22's. It looks like I'm going to get acquainted with a Charger and brush up on my shooting skills with a .22.

I shot it and liked it, though it has a tendancy to jump when fired. I think that has to do with the bolt cycling more than anything else, other than having an odd recoil impulse it was a hoot to shoot.

My initial impression is that it is an excellent range toy. I'm not sure where it would fit into the scheme of things where hunting is concerned. A handgun is more portable and a rifle more accurate. Yet I suppose with a little practice and it would be doable in that regard.

Glad to hear you liked it Gunner!

You know we need to see some pics...

Pictures????
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I saw that one coming!
See what I can do...
Heck, if I'd been on the ball I taken some while I had it at the range... :oops:

I forgive you Gunner.

I saw one at Academy today, so that bought you some time to get some pics of your posted up... :D

Back