• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

Looks nice Gunny. Don't forget a range report when you get it broken in.

Man, do I love the 9x19mm cartridge. And I love Ruger firearms.

Gunny, you're making me wanna make a trip to the LGS!!!!!!!

People can say what they want about the old man, but politics aside, Sturm Ruger makes a good gun.

Looks nice Gunny. Don't forget a range report when you get it broken in.

Here you go:

Warmed up my new SR9E this morning. Ran 34 rds @ 7yds (2 mags). Using el cheapo Blazer 124gr fmj. No hiccups. A little drag on the trigger, but that will probably smooth out over time.

POA on first mag was 6 o'clock on bull floating over front sight. Grouped low and left a few inches. 2nd mag, I moved POA to 1 o'clock just outside gray area, which moved POI accordingly. Part of the scatter is me, but all shots were on the printer paper. May have to see what I can do about moving the sights a bit, or just keep in mind the low/left and apply a little Kentucky windage. ;)

sr9%20target.jpg~original

That's a whole lotta stuff for >$500, Gunny. Well done.

My LGS treats active & retired military and leo pretty good. Has a medium size display case with a wide selection of handguns at significant discount for us, and everything else (accessories, ammo, long guns, etc. ) is 10% off. We've got a pretty large military population here relative to the general population, so he makes it up in volume sales.

Ruger SR9c, best all around 9mm I've ever owned. I've owned many since the early 80's. The Ruger LCP is with me daily. This from a life long S&W guy. The S&W 639 is still the most accurate 9mm I've ever owned, but it's 8 rounds and is like carrying a cinder block around. The SR9c is light, high capacity and feels like a single stack in the hands. Amazing how the SR-pistols have that slim 1911/S&W Model 39 feel to them. Trigger is spot-on with the SR9c as well. Loved Glock, but the grip angle and width always bothered my style of shooting. Ruger certainly made a dramatic switch in their semi-autos. I'll miss the big tank hammer guns they made, but the SR is so easy to carry.

Hi Guys I was going through my safe and came across an old Bearcat it has a 3 digit "D" SN 89X. Anybody know anything about them? Any info would be greatly appreciated. From the website it it's from 1958.Bearcat 2.jpg

Conn 500,

I know what you mean about some of the SR Series pistols. They are vastly under rated.

I've got an LC9 that I find to be a really excellent single stack 9mm. I wouldn't trade it even up for a GLOCK43 that cost hundreds more. (And I actually like GLOCK pistols). To me the LC9 is simply a far better BUG.

Beautiful pistol Joe...!!

Introduced in 1958...The Ruger Bearcat was a blued single action .22 caliber revolver featuring an uncheckered walnut grip.

The original Bearcat ( 1st Issue manufactured 1958 ~ 1971 ) featured a fixed Patridge front sight and a square notched rear. It was made with an alloy solid frame and an uncheckered walnut grip. It also featured music wire coil springs and a non-fluted engraved cylinder.

In 1971 Ruger made the Super Bearcat ( 2nd Issue )...which lasted until 1974~1975 when Ruger patented a transfer bar safety system for their single-action revolvers and discontinued the production of the Super Bearcat. ( It was not readily adaptable to the new transfer bar design at that time. )

Nearly two decades later, in 1993, Ruger brought back the Bearcat as the New Bearcat ( 3rd Issue ), which finally incorporated the transfer bar system. It was also available in stainless steel for the first time.

Back