• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

Re: Ruger LC9

So now that we made that decision I gotta decide between a Sig 226 (DA/SA) or the Beretta 92FS. I was looking at the 226 when I got my G19 (actually looked at the G17, but liked the size of the G19 better for my first pistol). I liked it, but not the price tag compared to the Glock, so I went that route. Guess I get to go compare how they feel in my hand this weekend.

Sn3aKyGuY said:
I was looking at the 226 when I got my G19 (actually looked at the G17, but liked the size of the G19 better for my first pistol). I liked it, but not the price tag compared to the Glock, so I went that route. Guess I get to go compare how they feel in my hand this weekend.

Well, since you got your Glock, Sig has put in a "certified pre-owned" used gun program. The guns go through the factory and anything needing replacement is replaced. I'm not a huge used gun guy, but it seems like a safe route to go. 226s and 229s run about $650.

Not a big 92 fan myself.

Sneaky,

Everybody here knows how much I love my 92s but unless you're going to hunt down a single-stacked type M compact, I'd opt for the SIG 226 for carry. Unless you've got some skillet sized mitts on ya, the 92'll probably feel a bit chunky and they can be a challenge to conceal.

I love 'em, but they're not for everybody...

I own the LC9 and it is a little more "Snappy" then a full size... I love the SR9c for a real nice carry! :D

If one is going to be carrying, I like all three, LCP, LC9 & SR9c.

As for the SIG P226..... Another great gun!
Get the .40S&W, then you can get the 357SIG & 9mm (Bro-Sto) barrels and have three calibers in one gun! :mrgreen:

Best of all worlds...
Lateck,

Re: Ruger Mark III Red Dot

The Ruger came in the day before leaving for Vegas, so I am just getting around to this. I also still have yet to fire it, so I am hoping to do so this tomorrow or sometime this wekend.

I had the shop do a bore sight for me to get me close enough to get going. I think it looks pretty good mounted and can't wait to give it a go.

2011-09-08183014.jpg

2011-09-08182955.jpg

Re: Ruger Mark III Red Dot

I think it looks real good Rip !!

Make sure to post a range report when ya get a chance Bro...

How does she like it SNIPER ?!

Does she have alot of range time with it...?

As you well know...when the SHTF, your training is what takes over when everything else is sensory overload !

She's proficient with its operation and shoots it very well. Likes it? Now that's a different story. She's put about 500 rounds through it and anyone who's shot an LCP knows that likely most of them were uncomfortable. Because of its size and weight she loves to carry it though.

I'm going to plunk down $750 for a MkIII with a can.

RugerMK3-1.jpg

Can you imagine how much fun this would be? Ruger sells the pistol with an already-threaded barrel!

The MK IIIs are great shooters but be prepared, they are an absolute, royal pain in the @$$ to strip and clean...

Back