• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ruger

ok, I almost took it shooting today but left it hidden....let her shoot it first I guess :x . I'll post some feedback.

rsmurdoch said:
ejequ5u2.jpg

:idea: I need to get a grip like this for my SR1911! That's pretty sexy!

and after shooting 22's yesterday I decided to get her warmed up to pistols with this little Ruger and pick her up a 380 later.....I forgot how many misfires you can get with 22 ammo, still should be a fun plinker though

Yup those little boogers can be hit or miss, but I've always had pretty good luck with Federal Auto-Match Bulk .22 and even Remy Goldens...

I do have a box of Stingers around, haven't shot many of those but we'll probably keep it full of them

oli700 said:
uh oh you did it again
Yep, hate it when I do that.

LES, how does your wife like your pistol?

I bought some Remington Ultimate HD 102 gr. BJHP ammo for it. They were out of the Hornaday Critical Defense that I wanted. I will pick some up later.
Nice little gun so far. Nice fit and finish. Light enough I don't really have an excuse not to carry a pistol.
I painted the front sight nubbin orange so I can see it easier, but I figure if he is far enough away where I need to use the sights, he is too far and I am going for a bigger gun. I do not ever intend to use this as a primary carry gun anyway. Mainly a BUG to the BUG. :D

The wife loves to carry it and so did I, but we both hate to shoot the thing.

Wasn't designed as a range gun though and it serves it's purpose well.

Picked up a NIB Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag from the LGS. Argueably the nicest handgun I own. Fit and finish are perfect, the blueing is a matte finish that is pretty well black and very even, the grips have alot of figure in them and contrast very nicely with the blueing of the revolver.
DSC01138_zps4ef2d7d8.jpg

I moved up from my S&W Mod. 59 9mm to this Ruger P90DC .45 a long time ago. Still have moments where I miss the S&W. Not that the P90 is a disappointment in any way, it's not, (other than it's bulk) but the S&W was a one of my favorite semi autos over the years.

Seeing tcecil88's Blackhawk .44 has memories to. I ended up trading mine off for a NIB Colt Python .357.

I need to quit trading stuff off and just keep it. But nobody does that here...........right? :lol:

Mike

Attachments

• Ruger P90DC.jpg
    Ruger P90DC.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 349
I love Ruger. I just traded off my Ruger SS P97 .45acp. I had it for about 9 years. But though about getting another one. I really want the Ruger SS SR40c for carry. Btw, everyone has some really nice lookin Ruger's.

Sorry had the edit the part about me owning the P97 for 19 years..lol It was not even that old..lol.

Thanks, fellas. I have had a couple Rugers over the years, a Redhawk and a P89. Sold them both. I have the LCP and the Blackhawk now. Like Snaggletooth, I always had to trade or sell something to get something new. Not anymore. I keep them all now. :D

Ruger P90 magazine question

Ok, this is something I've been dealing with for a while and I need to figure out whats what with this.

I got my Ruger P90DC .45 years back. Been a solid gun all this time. AS LONG AS I use the factory mags that came with the gun. SS with the plastic followers. The mag holds 7 rounds itself.

Over time I've tried to add a few mags with little to no luck getting them to feed properly. The "Factory" mags on the shelves around here are alway metal followers. I've had no luck EVER getting one to feed properly and realiably. I've had a couple of the shops I bought them from "tweek" the followers to align them better and a few more independent gunsmiths try the same. Not to mention a number of fellow shooters. Nobody has every solved the problem.

Every one says the same thing. The gun itself is fine. No major wear or issues. Just the metal followers mags don't work right.

I've been looking again to find some correct mags like I have and I see most are listed as "8 round", Well with one in the tube....yeah. But the mag only holds 7. Are they plastic ones rare or something"

So I guess the question would be what is the problem caused by and is it common with the metal follower mags?

Don't even suggest Promags. They make good doorstops in my place. LOL!

Mike

Ok guys update, this little 22 rocks ! fun as all get out and so far no trouble, she LOVES it !

IMG_1165_zpscbf613d3.jpg

IMG_1166_zpse343f041.jpg

IMG_1173_zps4e71a6bb.jpg

IMG_1174_zpsa6a145d1.jpg

The overall design of that pistol looks a whole lot like a Walther P22.

Back