• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Rust in the chamber in another 590A1! *UPDATE WITH PIC*

Fate0n3 said:
LUGI said:
Got my barrel back after........along wait, to only open it up to find the same damn problem!!!
I'm so pissed off it aint funny.
Wait till monday.......
So let me get this straight u have people on this forum telling it is not rust and from looking at the pictures I agree it is not rust. Then you have others telling you there barrel came with the same marks and it went away with shooting. And top of that mossberg sends you a brand new barrel and it has the same issue and you still think it is rust.... I would be pissed too sounds like u need to shoot it or give it a good soaking and then shoot it I would bet it would go away some.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Get this straight....dont give a damn what people are saying, some have said it looked like rust and others
its not!
This aint the first time im going through this...my other 590a1
had the same crap and i let it soak for days...with no effect.
And when the barrel went back they said it was rust! And who the hell are you talking about...being pissed?
Im the one pissed!

LUGI said:
Fate0n3 said:
LUGI said:
Got my barrel back after........along wait, to only open it up to find the same damn problem!!!
I'm so pissed off it aint funny.
Wait till monday.......
So let me get this straight u have people on this forum telling it is not rust and from looking at the pictures I agree it is not rust. Then you have others telling you there barrel came with the same marks and it went away with shooting. And top of that mossberg sends you a brand new barrel and it has the same issue and you still think it is rust.... I would be pissed too sounds like u need to shoot it or give it a good soaking and then shoot it I would bet it would go away some.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
Get this straight....dont give a damn what people are saying, some have said it looked like rust and others
its not!
This aint the first time im going through this...my other 590a1
had the same crap and i let it soak for days...with no effect.
And when the barrel went back they said it was rust! And who the hell are you talking about...being pissed?
Im the one pissed!

hi LUGI, i see by your post you are one pissed off guy right now. re read the post ,nobody is telling you what to do,thats up to you.we are just trying from our experience to HELP you. some of the barrels cleaned out ,some didn't its your choice to send it back again.

we are all here to talk mossys and have a good time. i too can't blame you for being pissed.
keep us posted.

Just took some pictures of the one they just now sent me. Just look.
20130319_193715_zpsc7f14565.jpg

20130319_193747_zps7db81564.jpg

20130319_193759_zpsdc0ba3a3.jpg

See this is not right.

i gotta say for you to send them a barrel with the same complaint and for them to send the same thing back to you is unacceptable.
have you contacted anyone yet? if not try that contact i sent you.
keep us updated.

Yeah...i talked to david, he said he'll take care of me.....talk to him monday and he said that he look at the barrel they sent and he said it looked new. I told him.....no need for me to lie about anything. I feel with him its going in one ear and out the other.
Gotta understand...this is the second time with this 590 and went thou the same thing with other one but .. had to send that one back like 3 times.

And I did talk to some guy name joe...but not sure if its the same guy....he said he'll call me 2 weeks ago...and never called me back.

LUGI said:
Yeah...i talked to david, he said he'll take care of me.....talk to him monday and he said that he look at the barrel they sent and he said it looked new. I told him.....no need for me to lie about anything. I feel with him its going in one ear and out the other.
Gotta understand...this is the second time with this 590 and went thou the same thing with other one but .. had to send that one back like 3 times

i don't know about David. try and contact Joe about your problem.

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.co

very good. explain to him what has been going on with your barrel's. from what i see he has helped a lot of members here.

Well......I talked to david, and I'm telling ya...if I could reach thou the phone and mop the floor with him it would have been done. :x

I told him my name and asked if he got the pictures, he told me no. Started to explain what was going on! He said hold on...came back and said "yes he got the but they came in under ((and stated my email address))" I said....uh yeah that's cause its my email! :roll:
I told him, I thought you look into the barrel..and said it was good??? He gave me more excuses...and told me they make lots of barrels, I told him why did I get another barrel just like the one I sent in, also told him how can these pass QC! I also asked him to let me talk to joe...put me on hold and came back and said joe seen the pics and he's looking for a new one for me. And at the end he was running his mouth....got fed up and asked to talk to javier....kept saying, who and then finally said hold on....I left a message. My blood is boil.....this is no way to treat a customer. I spent over 1k for both of these shotguns...and being treated like this. I've been patient, never a call back letting me know they don't have a barrel in stock....no nothing.

He also told me....it's just rust that I could still shoot it and it would be fine!!! :shock:

LUGI said:
Well......I talked to david, and I'm telling ya...if I could reach thou the phone and mop the floor with him it would have been done. :x

I told him my name and asked if he got the pictures, he told me no. Started to explain what was going on! He said hold on...came back and said "yes he got the but they came in under ((and stated my email address))" I said....uh yeah that's cause its my email! :roll:
I told him, I thought you look into the barrel..and said it was good??? He gave me more excuses...and told me they make lots of barrels, I told him why did I get another barrel just like the one I sent in, also told him how can these pass QC! I also asked him to let me talk to joe...put me on hold and came back and said joe seen the pics and he's looking for a new one for me. And at the end he was running his mouth....got fed up and asked to talk to javier....kept saying, who and then finally said hold on....I left a message. My blood is boil.....this is no way to treat a customer. I spent over 1k for both of these shotguns...and being treated like this. I've been patient, never a call back letting me know they don't have a barrel in stock....no nothing.

He also told me....it's just rust that I could still shoot it and it would be fine!!! :shock:

i suggested yesterday to email Joe,i don't know about David or Javier is. i see from this forum Joe has helped a lot of people.

old mossy said:
LUGI said:

i suggested yesterday to email Joe,i don't know about David or Javier is. i see from this forum Joe has helped a lot of people.

I did....and and even sent him the pictures and asked to please give me a call if he didn't hear from me first. Javier from what I was told is the boss.

,,,,i would just email Joe and ask him politely what HE can do to help you.

I have the exact same issue. Is there a product that will take care of it so I don't have to deal with sending the barrel back?

EDIT: Screw it, this is my shtf gun, not a museum piece. I wrapped a bit of 400 grit sandpaper around my finger and gave the spot a few swipes, then smeared metal polish on a rag and gave it a few more swipes, then oiled it. Looks great, spot's gone, and I doubt highly that I did any damage. I mean, a couple passes of fine sandpaper isn't gonna make the barrel burst or anything...right?!

David suuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkssss. I called him over a week ago. He said he would send me some parts to fix problems Im having with my gun. They still aren't here. I called him back today. He said he would send them out in a couple of days. Its the same thing that happened last time he was supposed to send me some parts. He sucks. and my Mossberg 590a1 that I bought brand new sucks. IT WILL BE THE LAST MOSSBERG I EVER BUY unless I get some crazy deal on one from an individual. I don't know how Remington c.s is or how well their 870s run, but I may find out soon enough. Did I mention that David sucks? Oh yeah BTW David sucks.

cfec2008 said:
David suuuuuuuuuucccccckkkkssss. I called him over a week ago. He said he would send me some parts to fix problems Im having with my gun. They still aren't here. I called him back today. He said he would send them out in a couple of days. Its the same thing that happened last time that retard was supposed to send me some parts. He sucks. and my Mossberg 590a1 that I bought brand new sucks. IT WILL BE THE LAST MOSSBERG I EVER BUY unless I get some crazy deal on one from an individual. I don't know how Remington c.s is or how well their 870s run, but I may find out soon enough. Did I mention that David sucks? Oh yeah BTW David sucks.

can't blame you for being pissed. CS at mossberg has a lot to be desired,to say the least.
i'm not sticking up for them but i know there was a bunch of parts that came in and were ng,and it just might be this has set them back a bit. plus the currant gun frenzy.
some CS reps will just bs you to get you off their back. whatever.
have you contacted our contact at mossberg? he has helped a lot of members here. try it.

Joe Zakher
jzakher@maverickarms.com

please keep us posted.

Just called again, David answered the phone. He said He would make sure it shipped today. He wanted my phone number so he could call me back and give me tracking numbers. He said he didn't know why it hasn't shipped because the parts are in stock. He was helpful. ....Ok he called while I was typing just now to make sure that I need parkerized parts. Supposed to call me back with tracking numbers. We'll see what happens.

I purchased my 590a1 in Feb2013 it was produced in Dec 2012. I have not cleaned or shot it, yet. I just took it out and checked it. It looked the same as the pics in the previous post. I took some Hoppes and a brass brush, several strokes, a few cleaning patches and it looks perfect. Can't tell it was ever there. I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

mopar said:
I purchased my 590a1 in Feb2013 it was produced in Dec 2012. I have not cleaned or shot it, yet. I just took it out and checked it. It looked the same as the pics in the previous post. I took some Hoppes and a brass brush, several strokes, a few cleaning patches and it looks perfect. Can't tell it was ever there. I'm gonna keep an eye on it.

glad it cleaned up for ya.

that Hoppes is also good for after shave. :lol:

Back