1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

SA-20 +3 Magazine Extension Installation

Discussion in 'Mossberg SA-20' started by Bobster, Feb 15, 2014.

1. Lefty9

Lefty9 .270 WIN

as always - thanks Bobster
  2. BrianJ

BrianJ .270 WIN Supporter

Thanks Bobster. You are correct. I have the 20" tactical, cylinder bore that came with no choke and no threads to install one. I had it threaded later. These are fine for HD, trap practice and slugs. My issue was I wanted to use it for tactical competition which involves knocking down steel plates. The 20 ga is at a slight disadvantage against the 12 ga, less metal down range. The added concentration that the choke provided has let me knock down anything so far. This is not to say that if I was a better shot, the cylinder bore would not do the same. I have also put RIO #1 buck through both chokes with no problems.
    I use the Trulock extended Precision Hunter (PH), Improved Modified (if there are no slugs in the match) and Improved Cylinder if I have to mix in some slugs. NO SLUGS IN ANYTHING SMALLER THAN CYLINDER OR IMPROVED CYLINDER.
    I keep the IC choke in when not in use just in case I had to use it and grabbed a slug or two.
    meanstreak likes this.
  3. Lefty9

Lefty9 .270 WIN

I use the Trulock extended Precision Hunter (PH), Improved Modified (if there are no slugs in the match) and Improved Cylinder if I have to mix in some slugs. NO SLUGS IN ANYTHING SMALLER THAN CYLINDER OR IMPROVED CYLINDER.
    Brian J ; you are truly a good feller and thank you for your input.
    I will get an improved cylinder and screw it in there !!
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. BrianJ

What Barrel do you have? Is it threaded? Make sure the threads are correct. I think the factory barrels take Benelli chokes.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. Lefty9

Lefty9 .270 WIN

I reckon it's threaded ..it's a 20 ga. Turkey Thug , 22" barrel , manufactured in 2013 .
    I ordered a Benelli I.C off ebay delivered for $9.99 !
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. BrianJ

Sounds good. Have fun and be safe.
  7. Ricardo_Alves

Ricardo_Alves Copper BB

Where you buy the extension tube?
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. Bobster

Bobster .30-06 Supporter

Choate. I think I linked to it above...
    meanstreak likes this.