• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 Bantam International Question

Hello, I am new to this forum but have really enjoyed reading
many of the threads. I got my son a new SA-20 Bantam for
Christmas. Does anyone have a video/pictures of how the gas
piston fits into the barrel properly? An installation video of the
gun being assembled perhaps with particular attention given to the
gas piston. I would appreciate it greatly

No problem, that's why we're here.

We do have several regular SA-20 owners on the board that pop in every so often, so please don't be discouraged if you don't see a reply today. Someone should be along to help...

P1250007.JPG Attached is the manual. See if page 6 will help you. If not let me know and I'll do a take-down for you but it could take a few days as I'm pretty busy this week...

Update: I had this pic of the Thug and a Tri-Star 12ga comparo. Maybe it will help?

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Attachments

• SA-20 Auto Rev B.pdf
    836 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
I would really appreciate you breaking it down and maybe taking pics or a video for me
focusing mainly on the barrel/forearm/gas piston (and how it sits into the chamber on the barrel_
then how it all goes together
mine is the SA-20 Internaitional Bantam

thank you so much for helping me

Update: I'm bumping this in case you didn't see the picture I added above.

Not much to the gas piston. It has a flange and a sealing ring or two (I forget) and goes into the barrel tube from the chamber side of the barrel. The owner's manual I attached has a breakdown of parts in the back pages. Easy Peasy... ;)

PS: the piston is shown IN the tubes in my pic above and the barrel is pulled out about an inch from the receiver...

Last edited:
are those two different guns in your pictures? Mine is an SA-20 Bantam International and not a 12 gauge. The gas piston
looks different on the one that I have....I would love to see a picture of the gas piston by itself then a couple of pictures
of what it looks like in position with the barrel in place and just before it is totally in place (ready for the forearm to be
installed). Thanks again for the help

Your message was received. I'm even busier this week and takedown of my gun to show you what you want is more complicated because of extended mag tube. If you do a little searching here at MO, you'll find my article on the installation of the extension.

To answer your assembly question you sent me: It sounds like your barrel may not be seated fully, making it hard to get the foreend all the way on. You need to pull back the bolt slightly and the barrel should seat itself into the receiver. The foreend seats into the receiver precisely, and might require a wiggle to get it in.

And regarding pics of the parts, I did a web search of "SA-20 Gas Piston" and found the following post from a forum out of India. LINK There are some takedown pics and a nice little write-up of the SA-20. The pics aren't super clear but you can see the gas piston out in one of them. It is a hollow silver cylinder with a flange that goes inside the tube under the barrel and that slides over the mag tube as the barrel is inserted into the receiver. Refer to the owner's manual...

thug1.jpg

PS: feel free to post pics here of your issue because there may be others that can also help you...

Last edited:
Back