• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 question

mark32812

.270 WIN
Supporter
I am thinking about getting a SA-20 and building it up for my wife to try to shoot 3-gun with it. being able to add a magazine tube extension will be a must. What model should I be looking at? Some how I have it in mind to try to set it up so it is close to my JM Pro (long tube), but for her.

Search "bobster" and "SA-20" here at MO. Should bring you to a post I did on the 3-shot Choate extension for the SA-20. "The Thug" is rather handsome looking... :)

I was looking at Choate yesterday and saw the tubes. The Turkey Thug looks like the best option with the barrel that is not too long or short,after adding to the tube. I wonder if they make one without the Mossy Oak.

I suppose before I start spending a lot of money, I better find out if I will be able to get my wife to shoot a 20 ga. I have a Charles Daley semi auto 20 ga I am going to try to get her to shoot it. I would try to get her to use this a 3 gun shotgun, but they do not make parts for them anymore and can't find a tube extension.

I have the 2 shot Choate extension and it is a little longer than my 20" tactical barrel. I had the barrel threaded for a choke and the extended choke makes the barrel barely 1/4 " inch longer than the tube. The 3 shot extension would be longer than the barrel but I have seen some competitors with a tube about 4 inches longer than the barrel with no problems, just looks weird.
I think the choke gives me a little more concentrated power on steel targets but sacrifices some spread so I have to aim tighter (read slower).
The 3 gun was fun. I did it last year for the first time. It is a long tiring day but well worth it.

Sadly, I get the feeling that my wife does not want to learn to shoot a shotgun. Not even a 20 gauge.

Back