• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sa20 Tactical /Slugs

charlest48

Copper BB
Can anyone tell me what kind of accuracy and distance I can expect shooting slugs from this gun.Also what slugs you are using.
Thank You

I can't help with accuracy related answers but I'm guessing it's a smooth bore gun so foster type "rifled" slugs should be used.

Accuracy will vary from gun to gun.

I usually get a 2-3 inch group at 50 yds with ghost ring sights and an improved cylinder choke. The choke I had added but I don't think it makes much difference with slugs.
Federal 3/4 and 7/8 oz rifled slugs.

I have the Weatherby equivalent of the SA-20, model SA-459 in 20 gauge.

I can't say much about long range accuracy as the indoor range I go to is only 20 yards but I've shot various slugs through it successfully - Federal TruBall, Winchester SuperX, Remington Slugger and Winchester PDX Defender. All have performed well and are dead on target at 20 yards.

Dave

there are (2) slug manufactures ,( pretty expensive) that produce a devastating product . they will blow a 2" hole in a side of beef REAL good . You want to search the web for them , or you want me to give you the names ?

there are (2) slug manufactures ,( pretty expensive) that produce a devastating product . they will blow a 2" hole in a side of beef REAL good . You want to search the web for them , or you want me to give you the names ?

Do tell

Dave

I will tell you come Halloween ; a simple search of the internet will divulge what I will tell you ........nothing really comes easy - u got to work a wee bit for it , like I always said " when there's nothing left to burn-you got to set yerself on fire "

Code:
https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hsimp=yhs-att_001&hspart=att&p=most+devastating+20+gauage+slugs+you+tube#id=17&vid=f88bae5590430e62deb5cdd8a0555163&action=click
search

Ddupleks Dup20

I use Brenekke slugs in my 20 guage 500. Each gun is different and you need to find the ones that group best from your specific gun.

you may be right - but I forsee me shooting Zombies @ 10-15 feet ; so I want a slug to blow a massive hole , not really worried about "grouping" ........

Back