• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Safe Room What have you done? (update)

Re: Safe Room What have you done?

oli700 said:
GirlsLoveGuns2 said:
This shows how there is half wall/loft all the way around the stair case. All the bedrooms and game room are all in back and to the sides. One of the kids' room is not even visible from the staircase.
Mossberg 500: $320
00 buck: $10
High ground: Priceless

Ah, that made me laugh!!! So true too!

Lazy, Thst was hilarious!! Shooter, oh my goodness...you're a man with a plan! Wouldn't want to be in a burglars shoes at your place, that's for sure!

Sneaky, good lookin out! thanks!!!

I am glad that this subject is getting people thinking and talking about this with others who think along the same lines. My new place is on one level but I am going to go back to using exterior doors for the bedroom. The new door will be hinged to where it opens into the hall not into the room and fastened with longer and heavier screws. My last place had the same doors and you really could not tell if you were not looking for the difference. At night a BG, in the dark, will try to kick the door down and this will take a while because he will not know the steel exterior door is there. This will give me a chance to get ready and to let him know that he REALLY has better things to do other than to get shot with my SPX 930. My house is built in a way that if the BG is in the hall outside my bedroom door there is no way to go thru the drywall to get in my bedroom. I have been online searching for the right sized gun safe to put in my closet so when I open the door 90 degrees I will be able to use the door as protection. As for the cameras I think they would be nice to have but I do not want one that is placed it such a manner that it would give the BG or his family anything to use against me in a court of law. I guess I watch too much TV, lol. So please keep posting your thoughts here and who knows you may help save someones life. Clint

Back