1. Thank you Mossberg Owners for making us the greatest Gun forum on the planet.

Safety (Slider) extremely hard to move

Discussion in 'Mossberg 510 Mini' started by Bill Yant, Apr 26, 2015.

1. Bill Yant

Bill Yant Copper BB

This a 3 day old Mossberg 510 mini shotgun and I have run a box of 3" #6 shot through it in hope that the problem would get better but it has only gotten worse. The problem is the safety (slider) on the 510 Mini is extremely hard to move. So much so that my wife can't move it at all. Is anyone else experiencing this problem and if so what did you do to resolve the issue? The problem is so bad that I will need to send it back to Mossberg if it can't be resolved. I've had at least a dozen guns with the safety on the top (like this model) and all have been quite easy to slide the safety on/off but definitely that's not the case with this particular gun. Any help with this problem would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    DHonovich likes this.
  2. old mossy

old mossy Global Moderator Staff Member Global Moderator Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear you are having problems.

I would take out the trigger assembly first and see if it gets any easier. If it dosen't problem is in the safety slide. That you can change yourself.

Send an email to

Joseph Zakher
    jzakher@maverickarms.com

He has helped many members here.

Hopefully he can help you without shipping the gun in.

Keep us posted.
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
  3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 Guest

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Bill !!

Put some oil on it...let it sit and soak in...then move it back and forth...

It just need to loosen up a bit is all...