• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Sars K2 doublestack 45ACP

In reference to my earlier post about converting para14 mags to use in this handgun (OK, convert probably isn't the right word because they feed and worked out of the box, but, didn't lock the slide back when empty like the OEM mag).

This evening, I received the updated followers from Mr. Tillander. He did an excellent job in making them. The Para mags now have no problem locking the slide back on an empty mag, and the high visibility color follower is also top notch.

Here are some pics.

k24520parts20007_zpspipy77lj.jpg

k245%20parts%20019_zpsq8dbu7zx.jpg

k24520parts20011_zpsuwpnlfyo.jpg

k24520parts20010_zpsivoy1klh.jpg

Since he makes custom grips for all different guns (I like the punisher P85 grips he makes real well too), I am going to have him make a trigger guard for my old Stevens shotgun that hasn't been produced in decades because my old one broke and I did a temporary repair on it. And now that I know that David is up to the task, I don't have any concerns about sending him my irreplaceable trigger guard.

You guys should check out his page. http://tillandergungrips.com/

Tardy to the party, but that's a nice chunk of iron you've got there, John. Are there any holsters out there for it?

Kinda reminiscent of the Baby Eagle .45 I used to have.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's good to hear from you old friend. I hope things are going good for all you guys !

I don't think there are any "specific" holsters just for them, but here are some that do fit.

Safariland
saf1.jpg

saf2.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------
The condor VT holster fits it (and seemingly anything else)

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Outdoor-MA69003-Holster-Coyote/dp/B00865N7PG/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1445599226&sr=8-2&keywords=condor holster

-------------------------------------------------------
And the Condor ma10 pouch also fits with or without the light

http://www.amazon.com/Condor-Outdoor-MA10-003-Modular-Holster--Tan/dp/B004BJ7HRK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1445599226&sr=8-6&keywords=condor holster

Yes it would. And I have a spare piece of kydex too. I'd have to get some more Chicago screws, but it wouldn't be too hard I don't think if the mood struck me. Until then, I'm using the Condor holsters. They are doing really well.

Ever shot a Ruger P85 or P90?

It's a lot like that.

But better trigger/action/grip angle

Any updates on your Sars K2? I dunno why, but some of the pictures in this thread (@ least using my Android Tapatalk App) don't show / function any longer! Any idea why? Any new pics?

I have decided to definitely buy a Sars K2 next year for certain. It's just too good not to, that's when I know it's a keeper, @ least until I get bored or someone else just has to have it right now off my hip. Hee hee, that's always fun. Double my $ & you can buy anything ya want off my hip on most any day [emoji184] .

If ya end up getting that Turkish Shottie for Christmas post some pics too! Thanks John [emoji106] .

"Give me liberty, or give me death!"

They were on sale at cdnn investments over the weekend for $380!!!

That was the best price I have ever seen on them. I paid $450 and thought I came away smoking.

Unsure why the pics aren't working for you. They're working on this end.

Only update for the K2 is that it is top of the HD list. And when I go do my range test for CCW, will be the one I use for it too. It's definately a keeper.

As for the shotty, it's under the tree as I type this. ;)

YES, I saw the CDNN sale for $369.99 & found a great article / review on guns.com after I made my post. Tried to buy it from CDNN (I buy a lot from them) online, but they are out of stock! UGH! I really want the all stainless steel version which is on the SARS website, but I don't think & I could not find it anywhere here in the USA. I should call EAA!!!

Any advice on the stainless version? I will probably get the black compact version, the CDNN version, & I LOVE THE STAINLESS STEEL VERSION. From all accounts, this 45 is one of the best in the world! SARS is an authorized CZ manufacturer. They pay CZ for the legal right to make CZ type pistols. Thumbs way up [emoji106]

stainless would be awesome.

As for being one of the best in the world, I'm sure that would probably be up to debate on who you ask. I've owned other 45's in the past and could've chosen other ones this time too, but I liked this one.

It fits my hand well, though may would be problematic for small hands, it points well, it shoots great, it has a decent mag capacity. In short, it was everything I was looking for and more.

I can't say it would be everyones' favorite, but I can say it's one of mine.

I really like that pistol John. I would definitely consider one of those or the Canik you've got as well.

The canik is a very good value. I've seen a bunch of the polymer versions going for around $239 lately. The caniks are not 100% "true" cz copies and there are some differences where parts interchangability is concerned in places, but I don't know anyone who has ever worn out a slide either.

While I've never used one of the polymer versions, I am extremely happy with the steel ones I have. I guess one of the big reasons I like them so well are the full length rails. That's something you just don't see in most handguns these days. I think the lockup of the slide/rails/barrel lend to them being so accurate. And manageable recoil because it's spread out over a wider area, etc.

They just shoot so dang good. Lots of CZ fans around here.

HEY EVERYONE!!! HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE ;-)

CDNN SPORTS = 800.588.9500 CST

*** CDNN SPORTS out of Texas has had the Sar Arms K2-45 All Steel 45ACP 14+1 double stack on sale for the last few weeks for $369.99 new + $14.74 unlimited shipping to the FFL of your choice (ship whatever ya buy to your FFL - via PHONE ORDER ONLY!!! or non FFL items get split when the order is placed over the internet & you will be charged an extra $9.99 shipping & non FFL items like extra mags, etc... get shipped to your mailing address). Here is the link below, I think the sale ends today.

http://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sar-k2-45acp.html

*** CDNN SPORTS also has the K2-45 OEM 14 Round Italian Mec-Gar mags in stock & on sale for $24.99 each!

http://www.cdnnsports.com/just-in/sar-k2-14rd-45acp-oem-magazine.html#.VoUmg9Ao7qA

*** CDNN SPORTS also has The Sar Arms K2P (poly) 9mm, another beauty in the K2 line & is also on sale through 2day for $279.99 + $14.74 unlimited shipping as above description outlines... Insane value!!! That one is on my long wish list also :)

http://www.cdnnsports.com/eaa-sar-k2p-9mm.html#.VoUpOdAo7qA

P.S. Hey John, I finally got the Steel K2-45 + 3 extra mags! So stoked! Can't wait to pick it up @ my FFL in a few days! No sales tax & no FFL transfer fees 4 me = a great deal!!!

P.P.S. Order via phone if you buy a firearm & non FFL items at the same time!!!!!!!

[emoji91] [emoji91] [emoji91]

That's a smoking deal. I'm sure you're going to like the pistol too. Please be sure to keep us updated, especially after your first range trip. :)

Question:

Did you order one of the Mecgar P14 mags to go with it?

Nope, 3 OEM Sar Arms K2-45 mags, 14 capacity 45ACP. 2nd link above! $24.99 each. I like the look of your modified Para mags better, because of the cool red followers, but $24.99 is as cheap as OEM gets for these mags, no tax, free shipping with the firearm, & no FFL Transfer fee @ my local FFL, so I had to pull the trigger now!!! Obviously I did a phone order, too frugal to pay an extra $9.99 unnecessarily for shipping.

You must do a phone order so the telephone rep can throw all your non FFL items, like extra mags, shooting glasses, etc... into the same unlimited shipment to your FFL. Just gotta make sure it's cool with your FFL. My FFL is smart & charges no transfer fees ever, they are so busy all the time, the place is always filled with customers! I always buy some ammo from them whenever I am there, no matter what, just to pay it forward.

That is a good price on the mags. I've seen them usually starting at $29 and going up from there, which is ridiculous.

Sportsmansguide have the mecgar p14 mags for the same price and free shipping, but again, don't lock the mag back due to the difference in follower, but I have a few more orange followers, so no tax and free shipping and a few more followers, is just as good.

Back