• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Savage bolt action

I hope Brad is good friends with the local LEO's:rolleyes:

Uh, no actually. But on a positive note, I'm outside city limits and they don't come out here. It would be county but I've never seen them out my way either.

The gun fire wouldn't bother anyone, in fact it's almost constant on the weekends with the occasional rifle crack at night. That and the baying of the English coon hounds with their beacon lights visible through the woods.

An armed band of merry men would attract little attention.

I put a bid on a model 10 carbine. Those were discontinued at least a few years ago. There's still a day left to bid and I expect to be outbid but if I'm not, it's a steal.

I got a Savage 11VT about 2 years ago and Have only had it out to the range on a few occasions but it has been pretty good from my experience. The stock is synthetic and seems solid on a beach at rest on sandbags but most of all I just love the accu-trigger, so smooth and effortless. They only thing I was not pleased with was the bundled scope. Not a bad one but can't zero it in at longer distances for whatever reason. Might just be a bad scope or possibly may need another set of rings or better ones.
But over all I love my 308 savage.
I know you will feel the same once you shoot one too. Good luck bro on the bid.

Last edited:
Still 10 hours to go on the bid and I have the high bid yet. If I get it, it's too good to pass up. That and my son is offering the money! Lol, he's a good kid!

This is the rifle I've been trying to find for a long time now but haven't had the money and my son was in school back then and couldn't support my habit. :) Buds had a few several months ago but have since sold out and won't be restocking because the model isn't made anymore.

I've seen the VT you mention, looks like a decent deal and I've seen another package deal that's a model 10 I think with a Nikon 3-9x40 BDC. That one is very reasonably priced too.

I hope this one pans out, it has cross slot bases on it already but no rings. It's the accustock in ACU digicam and accutrigger with detachable 5 round box magazine and heavy barrel. ACU may not be completely accurate, it's a tan base with grey to green camo. The barrel may be threaded.

That's is awesome bro. Hope u get it there. My 11VT has the bull barrel as well. It is top heavy but at rest on a bench or pod won't be as bad. Just not a gun I wanna hold up in a standing possition for a long time at one setting. Lol.

Here's a pic.

image.jpg

I think the colors are off in this photo. The couple I've seen personally don't look this green. This one is .223, I don't really have a need for a .308. If I don't get this one, I'll order the trophy hunter XP in .223 in a couple weeks. It too has the accutrigger. That's the one I mentioned above that has the 3-9x40 scope on it.

Very nice!

Ok, if I don't win the auction, I'm going with the model 11 hog hunter in .223. Final answer.

Didn't win. I was outbid with less than hour to go. My son said to bid higher if it was worth it that he'd cover it but it was getting into retail territory, + shipping, + transfer, so I passed.

I'll do the hog hunter. It just doesn't have the accustock but I'll put a Hogue or something on it down the road. Heck, may not even need it as was discussed early on in this thread.

Sorry bro. But sometimes it's best to walk away then to get into a bidding war especially if it is nearing regular retail price. I like my 11 a lot. Don't think you will be disappointed.

Ok I've got a plan.

Savage model 11 Hog Hunter .223. I want Leupold dual dove tail two piece bases and low rings paired with a Redfield Revolution 3-9x40. Both the Leupold and Redfield are made in Oregon. The Redfield scope doesn't have a BDC reticle nor is it illuminated but its still a nice reticle and I'll think of Oli every time I put a round on target.

Won a bid on a .223 hog hunter this morning! WAY less than retail! Pick it up tomorrow!

I've not ordered the scope or rings yet. That may be too much all at once for my wife.

This best part is that I'll be teaching my youngest to shoot on it this summer!

Back