• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SBE Precision Piston Video

Steve,

I have a question, you advertise this improved piston to enhance reliability, yet you don't recommend it for tactical or home defense weapons? Could you please expand on the reasoning behind that?

Thank you

Quoted from SBE precision -

Note: This piston is recommended for competition, recreational, and non-dangerous game hunting use only. It is not recommended for tactical applications, or any other application where life, or limb are at risk.

Steve,

I have a question, you advertise this improved piston to enhance reliability, yet you don't recommend it for tactical or home defense weapons? Could you please expand on the reasoning behind that?

Thank you

Quoted from SBE precision -

Note: This piston is recommended for competition, recreational, and non-dangerous game hunting use only. It is not recommended for tactical applications, or any other application where life, or limb are at risk.

A big part of it is liability on my end. I have no idea how the gun is assembled or maintained, or whether the user has tested the shotgun to ensure proper function with the chosen defensive load. That puts us in a bad position trying to prove the piston was not at fault for a malfunction if it occurs at a critical moment. As with many "competition" gun parts like light weight triggers, adjustable gas blocks, and various modification the end user is free to do as they please, and if they feel comfortable with that choice.

A big part of it is liability on my end. I have no idea how the gun is assembled or maintained, or whether the user has tested the shotgun to ensure proper function with the chosen defensive load. That puts us in a bad position trying to prove the piston was not at fault for a malfunction if it occurs at a critical moment. As with many "competition" gun parts like light weight triggers, adjustable gas blocks, and various modification the end user is free to do as they please, and if they feel comfortable with that choice.

Fair enough, thank you for the reply.

Well thought out enhancements and explanation. I appreciate that a lot.

Back