• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SBE stainless gas piston for 9 3 0

nmscuba

Copper BB
Just curious is anyone using this piston for a stock Mossberg 930 with the 18 and a half inch barrel? Does a cycle good with all loads is it reliable is it worth fifty bucks? Just looking for people's opinions I just purchased my 930 last week used gave it a good cleaning that's all set to go

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just curious is anyone using this piston for a stock Mossberg 930 with the 18 and a half inch barrel? Does a cycle good with all loads is it reliable is it worth fifty bucks? Just looking for people's opinions I just purchased my 930 last week used gave it a good cleaning that's all set to go

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
1.) Does it cycle all loads?
It depends on your gun. The gas piston works with the manispring and carrier, and changing any one of these is likely to change your particular gun's performance. I use OR3Gun's ASR, along with the SBE piston, and I can shoot anything I've tried, but I honestly can't tell you if I've tried the stock-setting with ultra-light low-brass loads.

2.) Is it worth $50? It is a less complex part, made of more environment-resistant material, and as noted, I've had no issues with mine. I believe that it is worth the investment.

Back