• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

School Protests

The tide pod eaters aren't happy with the changes that Broward County Schools will be implementing as a result of their school shooting. You can't make this stuff up.

On Wednesday, the superintendent of the Democrat-heavy Broward County Public Schools announced a new policy aimed at reducing school violence — and the students are not happy.
Superintendent Robert W. Runcie, a proponent of radical left-wing gun control measures, announced that students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School will only be allowed to bring clear backpacks to school after spring break and will be required to wear a new ID badge at all times.
Robert W. Runcie, the superintendent of Broward County Public Schools, announces that only clear backpacks will be allowed at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School after Spring Break, which is next week. The school will provide each student with a backpack at no cost.
— Patricia Mazzei (@PatriciaMazzei) March 21, 2018
Each student will also be given an ID badge. Students and staff will be required to wear the badges at all times.
— Patricia Mazzei (@PatriciaMazzei) March 21, 2018
Needless to say, the students are not happy with the decision that the Democratic officials came up with to address the issue of school violence.
Spending money on giving us clear backpacks is a joke.
— Lex Michael (@lexforchange) March 22, 2018
Great. Because clear backpacks are gonna fix everything. I appreciate the attempt, but I’d rather have common since gun laws than a clear backpack.

#NeverAgain #EnoughIsEnough https://t.co/1HRudeSOib
— Lauren Hogg (@lauren_hoggs) March 21, 2018
Clear backpacks don't do anything except make us look stupid. We want to be safe, not uncomfortable. The only thing that can really have an impact on our safety is gun control
— Carly Novell (@car_nove) March 21, 2018
So, we’re giving up all illusions of normalcy. okay. why should 3300 students be penalized for the failure of security to do their job? https://t.co/mcivJprP92
— nikki (@nikta04) March 22, 2018
also clear backpacks are a mistake because now if someone asks for a pencil i HAVE to give it to them. they’ll see right through my bag and my lies. gross
— sara giovanello | NEVERAGAIN (@phirecrackers) March 22, 2018
This is absolutely ridiculous at this point like schools are slowly but surely becoming prisons (I am aware most schools in primarily high crime rate areas look like prisons) but school is supposed to be a place to learn and feel comfortable.
— natasha #NeverAgain (@sighnatasha) March 22, 2018
Marjory Stoneman Douglas Penitentiary
— Chad Williams (@chad_williams05) March 22, 2018

— Lauren Hogg (@lauren_hoggs) March 21, 2018
Clear backpacks don't do anything except make us look stupid. We want to be safe, not uncomfortable. The only thing that can really have an impact on our safety is gun control

I understand that this girl is young and I should probably refrain from saying anything because of that, but she may realize later in life that the very people she calls to protect her when something bad happens, carry guns. It's not just a coincidence that it happens that way.

She wants guns banned, not realizing that someday she is going to be responsible for her own safety when she becomes an adult. Mom and Dad aren't always going to be responsible or able to protect her like they are now. And she may someday have a family and children of her own that she'll have to protect too. Then what happens if she gets her wish and guns are banned? What then? Crime isn't suddenly going to stop, and a little newsflash, criminals are still going to have guns and they'll still use them. Only then, you won't be able to shoot back if you have to.

Your actions today have a lifetime of consequences. Be careful what you wish for.

Sad really. They're being used and too young and naive' to know it. Their parents should be ashamed of themselves for neglecting to teach these children the things they need to know in life.

Your actions today have a lifetime of consequences. Be careful what you wish for.

Sad really. They're being used and too young and naive' to know it. Their parents should be ashamed of themselves for neglecting to teach these children the things they need to know in life.

You can really see the NIMBY effect going on here. Genuine "why do we need clear backpacks and metal detectors? Those are for the hi-crime areas!" economically-advantaged, dare I say RACIST, ignorance. I'm sure the large percentage of students there live in a gated community with security system in their homes. This is obviously parents using their children as unenlightened pawns to further their political beliefs.

I should note that I did not see a dress code requirement for Broward Co. students on the website. I'm sure THAT would be met with great resistance. Here in Vol. Co., there is a dress code: khakis and white, black or school color, collared short sleeve shirt. There was a big stink at first but students for the most part comply. In the classroom... :rolleyes: My son tells me that in the hallways it is a different matter with sagging pants apparent. They can't pay teachers enough to enforce the dress code so many do not... If the students hadn't dressed like thugs and hoochies to begin with, a dress code would not have been necessary. This I clearly blame on the parents...

David Hogg:
"It has to be a clear backpack," Hogg continued. "What we should have is just more policies that make sure that these students are feeling safe and secure in their schools and not like they’re being fought against like it’s a prison.”

Typical libtard...feeling safe and secure is apparently better than actually being safe and secure. After a month of trying to take away my 2nd Amendment rights he whines that clear back packs are a violation of his first amendment rights. I think I can taste bile right now.

Liberal-Kid-gun-nonsense.jpeg

I watched a small segment of the rally today.

They never are quick to blame an inanimate object but never seem to address the real issue, what the hell is making people resort to these acts?

just saw on the news, one school is going to keep a 5 gallon bucket of rocks in each classroom....

Rocks.....
In a bucket.....

Wtf

just saw on the news, one school is going to keep a 5 gallon bucket of rocks in each classroom....

Rocks.....
In a bucket.....

Wtf
Yeah...that would be in PA. It's the Blue Mountain School District near Allentown (Billy Joel song). It's what I would deem the liberal southeast corner of the state. Liberals are stupid, insane and I am getting increasingly pissed off that they permit our children to be targets for anti gun talking points.

For years I have told anyone that would listen to me that school board elections are the most important elections we have.

Now it is time for law abiding gun owners to stand up. We need to start calling, writing, and e-mailing congressmen, senators, mayors, city councils, and any other officials one can think of.

. . . Crime isn't suddenly going to stop, and a little newsflash, criminals are still going to have guns and they'll still use them. Only then, you won't be able to shoot back . . .

They're missing the whole concept that even if you take away all guns, any guy with a knife or his bare hands can take advantage of a small woman who could otherwise easily defend herself against an attacker.

It was the great equalizer when it was invented folks and it still is.

I'm normally pretty level-headed about these things but now I'm a bit upset. Not only has the news media given this liar and moron a bully pulpit, nothing he says make sense at all. The kid is totally disjointed on every level, and when he says his desire is to become a journalist and help change the world you know that his real desire is to become famous and rich.

I found this particularly repulsive:

Hogg . . . complained that the rights of students were being violated after Douglas High School began requiring students to use clear backpacks, to cut down on possible weapons being smuggled in.

“It’s unnecessary, it’s embarrassing for a lot of the students and it makes them feel isolated and separated from the rest of American school culture where they’re having essentially their First Amendment rights infringed upon because they can’t freely wear whatever backpack they want regardless of what it is,” Hogg said.

This kid believes that his right to wear the backpack of his choice supersedes my right to protect my kids from harm by owning a weapon!

Yes he does.

And a backpack has nothing to do with his first amendment rights.

You may get a kick out of this. He has his own Wikipedia page now.

Which is locked and not open for edit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Hogg_(activist)

It states that he was in his AP science class when the shooting started

Hogg, who was in his AP environmental science class, told the teacher that the repeated "pop" sounds the class heard sounded like gunshots.[4] Hogg and other students made an attempt to exit the building, but a janitor instructed the students to go back into the class. A culinary arts teacher pulled Hogg and others inside her classroom and they hid in a closet.[4]

However, HIS interview in his own words with cbs later stated he hopped on his bicycle and peddled for 3 miles, snuck into a school that was on lockdown in order to interview students.

fast forward to 4:26 in this video to hear it for yourself.

Back