• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Scope Ring Options

LAZY EYED SNIPER

Overwatch
Global Moderator
Supporter
"Philanthropist"
Have any questions about scope rings? Is there a particular model you like to use? Let's see some pics and discussion...

I have some questions about mounting rings. I have a 835 with the cantilever rifled barrel and as I said in another post I am going to use my rifle scope which is a Redfield Golden 5 Star 2X7 and I am thinking of using high mounts or should I get low profile mounts? Thanks

When it comes to mounting and optic, the key factor is going to be your cheek weld.

The cantilever base is already raised above the bore, so the line of sight through the optic with high rings might make it difficult to maintain the proper cheek weld. It all boils down to fit. You'll want to bring the optic into your natural line of sight, not the other way around...

As LES pointed put the mount is already a bit high, I would definitely go as low profile as i could for the given scope.

I have a question about determining ring height.

I'm considering something like a Nikon BDC scope, I think it's a 3-9x40.

Is there a rule of thumb to determine ring height? This would be for a bolt action rifle with two piece base.

So a 40mm objective lens with medium rings? How much clearance between the lens and barrel with that set up?

I'm actually extremely satisfied with my DNZ reaper one piece scope mount. It's awesome.

14595733312_b87680effb_k.jpg

Back