• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SCOTUS regulatory agency ruling

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
Supreme court ruling on obligations of regulatory agencies: Watch the bushes fellas, this will effect all regulatory agencies, including BATFE !

From Rex (video)

Did the ATF really back down on their M855 green tip ammo ban? Don’t break out the Champaign just yet. While the debate was raging, the US Supreme Court ruled that regulatory agencies no longer have to tell us what changes they are making. The case was PEREZ, SECRETARY OF LABOR v. MORTGAGE BANKERS ASSOCIATION and was ruled on 2 days ago (march 9, 2015). Keep your eyes open. The lion is now concealed behind the bushes and he isn't going to roar next time! The game of preserving our Liberty just got significantly more difficult.

What part of they work for us don't they understand?

This is getting more like the latter days of the union before states started seceding due to taxation without representation every day.

This is not the America that I was born and raised in.

I am seeing more the reasoning behind the founding fathers dissent just about every time I pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV and listen to the news.

This is getting more like the latter days of the union before states started seceding due to taxation without representation every day.

I am seeing more the reasoning behind the founding fathers dissent just about every time I pick up a newspaper or turn on the TV and listen to the news.

You can bet that Obama will take full advantage of this.

Full ruling (PDF): http://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/14pdf/13-1041_0861.pdf

Here's an explanation from Forbes about this ruling:

Excerpt:
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danielf...-grudgingly-allow-labor-to-change-its-mind/2/

All nine justices agreed today that Paralyzed Veterans was wrongly decided. The Administrative Procedure Act sets out detailed instructions on how federal agencies are to implement rules and regulations. So-called “legislative rules” have the power of law and must go through a lengthy process in which interested parties can submit their comments and the agency must respond to them. “Interpretive rules” can skip the notice-and-comment procedure but they don’t have the effect of law and serve only to inform the public about how an agency views the law.

Last edited:
In the above case it was obviously ruled as "interpretive". And I suspect that would be the case with the BATFE, given the GCA and LEOPA.

Thinking "positively" here... ;) "Interpretive rules” can skip the notice-and-comment procedure but they don’t have the effect of law and serve only to inform the public about how an agency views the law."

Key words are "...don't have the effect of law..."

Thinking "positively" here... ;) "Interpretive rules” can skip the notice-and-comment procedure but they don’t have the effect of law and serve only to inform the public about how an agency views the law."

Key words are "...don't have the effect of law..."

Correct, in the sense that a formal adjudication or trial is not necessarily involved. That doesn't mean the agency has no power of enforcement. Have you read the entry in Wiki? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Administrative_Procedure_Act#Standard_of_judicial_review .

Well said John!

If "the people" keep stopping them from implementing what they want, such as the M855 ban, they will just stop asking.

or getting more like 1930s Germany- 50's soviet union-

Back