• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Screw Yahoo

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
Just checked my emails this morning and got a new user agreement/terms popup that is going into effect and I've been in the process of switching stuff over to other providers.
-----------------------------------------

Yahoo is now part of Oath (owned by Verizon)

How we collect and use data.
  • We’ve updated some of the ways we collect and analyze user data in order to deliver services, content, relevant advertising and abuse protection.
  • This includes: analyzing content and information when you use our services (including emails, instant messages, posts, photos, attachments, and other communications), linking your activity on other sites and apps with information we have about you, and providing anonymized and/or aggregated reports to other parties regarding user trends.
-----------
: What user information is being shared?
A: We will share the same information that our companies have previously collected and used for the development and operation of our products and services. This may include your account registration information (such as your user ID, gender, name, email address, postcode & age), your content and advertising interests, content associated with your account, the types of services you use and how you engage with them, cookie and device IDs, IP addresses, geolocation information and activity information from across our websites, apps, software and other services. All of the information that we collect about you may be shared across the various Oath brands and within our Verizon family of companies.
-----------

Q: I don't want my Yahoo personal information to be shared with Oath and/or the Verizon family of companies. What can I do?
A: Yahoo users are empowered to shape their privacy preferences. Your ad personalisation opt-out preferences will also be shared and honoured across Oath ad systems. We recommend that users take advantage of these options to optimise their experience; however, should you prefer that Yahoo does not share any personal information with Oath and/or the Verizon family of companies, instructions on how to delete your Yahoo account can be found here.

-----------------
I also found this interesting and am going to perform that action as soon as I switch all my stuff over:

How do I delete my Google browser history:
Make sure you're signed in to your Google account first (the instructions differ slightly depending on the device you use, but Google has step-by-step instructions for all kinds of tech).
On your computer, open Chrome.
At the top right, click More.
Click History.
On the left, click Clear browsing data. A box will appear.
From the drop-down menu, select how much history you want to delete. To clear everything, select the beginning of time.
Check the boxes for the info you want Google Chrome to clear, including "browsing history." There are also other types of browsing data you can delete.
Click Clear browsing data.
How do I delete my Google search history:
Go to "My Activity" on your computer.
At the top right of the page, choose More ->Delete activity by.
Below "Delete by date," select the Down arrow ->All time.
Select Delete.
If you want to delete only specific items or activity, you can also do that in "My Activity":
Browse by day. At the top right of the page, choose More ->Item view
Search or use filters.
On the item you want to delete, choose More ->Delete.
Browse by day. At the top right of the page, choose More ->Item view
Search or use filters.
And remember: Even though it's a pain, always read the fine print if you can. And if you need help deciding whether you should really check the "I agree" box on almost any website, you can use the service tosdr.org, which rates companies' terms-and-services agreements

When you click on the link on how to delete your account with google/yahoo, it is brought to this page (screenshot).

oath.JPG

I also noticed there were two choices to click on. Either I agree to there crap or click on decide later. There was no, I do not agree box, so I keep clicking on decide later when prompted and kick the can down the road.

I'm kicking the can down the road just long enough for me to get everything switched over to something else.

I've worked for some time now just getting all my most important things moved.

Just beware that I have banned a ton of email companies. So before you guys go changing em out/over to something else, let me know and I'll check to see if I have banned it.
Either here or message me....

I swapped over to https://protonmail.com/security-details

It's a Swiss operated company and seems more secure or at least less intrusive than all the American companies that I have been dealing with over the years wanting to market everything under the sun.

I'll have to unban that one. Spammers love that one....

I do a lot with my email, but my email is not anyone elses' business.

If I wanted to advertise bank statements, purchase receipts, tracking numbers on packages, photographs of my grandkids, or trail camera photos, I'd do so myself.

Back