• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Seam between 930 mag tube and nordic etension **pic**

Hi guys,

Just got my 930 put together and found that the seam between the factory mag tube and the nordic +3 extension is causing my factory follower to hang up a bit.

I initially had a GG&G front sling plate placed between the stock and nordic tube nut, but this seemed to just increase the gap between the two magazine tubes, so I removed it.

I'm curious if this is a common issue and if so, what's the fix.

I'm also having trouble getting the first round (of 7) to release from the magazine tube. I realize that my spring may be a bit too long causing too much pressure, but I don't want to cut it too short. As of now it extends 11.5" past the end of the tube.

A quick cell phone pic of the beast.
IMG-20120207-00002.jpg

As always,
Thanks!!

Well, I did some more testing and found that the cheap S&B buckshot I was using is almost 3/8" longer than some Winchester super x buck I had. Feeding issue solved. Also seems as though the sticky follower issue has been solved as well. Although that may have been ammo related, or maybe it just needed some breaking in.

I have read reports of some models needing the end of the factory tube reworked because of a slight taper. I had to do one of mine as it kept hanging up the follower.

I used a 6" scale inside the magazine tube with the flashlight on the backside looking for any light under the scale. Once that was taken care of it has been 100%, although the factory spring retainer is hard to keep inside. I use this particular one for HD, pigs and sporting clays.

I had the same problem and found burs on the follower hanging up on that weld bead. I sanded off the burs and it’s been fine.

There seems to be a lot of little quality issues.

Back