• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Secure Wall Mount and Rail Systems

Steve Hollis

Copper BB
I own a Mossy 500 Tactical (Magpul Edition) and have installed the Black Aces Tactical Rail system to be used with iron sights and a red dot. I was looking at the easiest access/safest system to use and came across the Shot Lock Solo Vault. Mounting a shotgun onto the wall in this manner seems like a pretty good option for my use. Still safe from my teenage boys and their friends, yet quickly accessible when/if needed. Only problem is it won't fit due to the rail system. Does anyone have any ideas for an alternative? I'm currently using a trigger lock (combo style) and just keeping it in a cabinet. Would prefer NOT to use a vault as this is the only weapon I own currently.

Thanks in advance!

If it's in the budget, there are some specialty cabinet makers that will make you a bookcase, headboard, entertainment center, etc. with hidden compartments that are popular with many folks. If you have a cabinet maker in your area he could probably build you something that would work. They usually will have hidden latches or biometric/magnetic key locks.

Had not thought about that. Good idea! Thanks.

I do some woodworking and have made a few hidden compartment pieces for my own use. Not that hard to do, so shop around. Since you only have the one gun, here's a design that made interest you:

Last edited:
Back