• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Seriously, this is the last one

I really like BA barrels. I bought a couple three over time . They give a MOA guarantee.... I didn't buy any of them for tac driving , I did expect decent grouping but got them for just shooting , and shooting and shooting .....steels , cans , whatever. And they do that , never a problem , always gassed good.
I bought a Hanson 10.3" and its one of their nicer barrels . One day I was at a sit down range with it and decided to bag it up, put all my reloads I had on hand through it . I could not get MOA for the life of me.
Since they brag on it so much, I called one day for fun. They asked if I tried Federal Gold Medal.....I said no but I put SMK, CC.....77gr , 69gr.....reloads that shoot moa from other AR's . They said well its usually GM and 3 round groups mag fed . I said whatever...the barrels are great ...best materials, process, finish...they just put that guarantee on it to snag sheep.
One day I was looking on their facebook page and all these people were posting how all their barrels were " half inch groups " and all this ass kissing....no pics .
So I wrote on their page that I love everything about them but I thing they should lose the moa thing because I don't think they need it to sell good barrels . I said I have only seen moa from one of my barrels and it was the cheapest one.....it was longer than that including how I got asked if I shot this one certain kind of ammo and I should try that one kind of ammo....on a nice day.....no wind....waxing moon phase.
They wrote back under my post all apologetic, said I should contact them. I said I did , no need to apologize I am not trashing them I just wanted to say that, and continue to buy their barrels , but not expecting MOA .......to me moa gun is with more than just one load....most guns can find a magic load if you have time .
Later that day Clint Hanson wrote under that and said he wanted to talk to me and gave me his email so i could send him my number. I said that I don't want anything, no need and at this point you dont want this barrel back I have shot the hell out of it. He insisted......so what the hell I sent him my number .
The next day the Florida shooting happened....Ballistic Advantage is out of Florida so I figure I wouldn't hear from him as I wasn't sure how this was affecting them.
Later that morning my phone rings and its Clint.
We talk about customer service and how he doesn't like how I was treated. We talked about making barrels and all kinds of stuff.....as it was wrapping up he said that he knows I am not looking for anything but when I build my next gun the barrel was on him....I said no way . He insisted, gave me his cell phone number . Tried to talk me into 224 Valerie .....but later that day I texted him 16" 308 would be what I would build next. He said "done"......he sent me 2 . The Hanson on my gun now and the other was cool too but I sold that and used the money to buy the BCG.......so a free highish end barrel and a good BCG free.....learned real quick about buffer systems . Went to Armalite and bout the last kit in stock for 55 bucks.....tube,buffer,spring,endplate,castle nut......BKing had receiver sets for 189,I moved fast, 250 the next week.......all of a sudden it was on and for super cheep for the quality of gun I ended up with.....IMO. I continued to have awesome luck through the enter build.....that rail is a Pre release....Not sure when its coming to market everywhere but WO has them in a corner .....I was told by Centurion Arms ......i got one .

Last edited:
That LMT 762 flash hider is a ghost ...big time. I was ordering a surefire ....had it in the cart was literally entering info when a dude from LMT answered an Email I wrote them few months ago. He said its your lucky day, we have a batch done . So I got one of those for 50 bucks !......Its every bit as good as a BE Myer for 100 and something. I haven't seen a flash out of it yet and its 16 inches ! Impressive

That is impressive flash suppression, especially for 308.

Glad the barrel company stood behind their product.

Nice looking rig! What barrel is that? EDIT: Ugh never mind I just saw there are 3 pages in this thread. Hard to see the little page numbers down there.

One question though.

You said..........

I dont have any guns left because of sloppy reloading . Im moving to this because its beefy ......I might not have any guns left by tomorrow , hope she survives

Are you serious?:D That reads like you have blown up all your other guns with your reloads. :eek: Hopefully that's a little darkish humor.

Nice looking rig! What barrel is that? EDIT: Ugh never mind I just saw there are 3 pages in this thread. Hard to see the little page numbers down there.

One question though.

You said..........

Are you serious?:D That reads like you have blown up all your other guns with your reloads. :eek: Hopefully that's a little darkish humor.

Sounds legit to me.

One question though.

He has a few stories to tell.

Someday, ask him to tell you the one about that bottle of Crisco, pack of firecrackers, the goat and that one legged prostitute.

When I heard that it was a one-legged prostitute that smelled like a goat.

Anyhow I imagine that there are bits of aluminum alloy and polyethylene scattered all over the Shasta Trinity range as a result of failed reloading experiments. It's such a big place they'll probably never be recovered.

Nice story about the barrel. That's the kind of CS that makes a company stand out. I love LMT stuff....I have one of their 16" CQB MRP's.....outstanding rifle. Only thing....we are not allowed flash hiders...so my AR-15's and my AR-10 have Surefire SOCOM muzzle brakes. California......enough said.

Love Geissele's......have two SSA's in my AR-15's...need one for my AR-10....expensive!!

I really want one of those Primary Arms ACSS 1-8's. I'm training with a guy who shoots 3GN and he raves about his....says the reticle is phenomenal.

✪ How do you like the Aero Precision upper and lower? In terms of fit and finish, especially at the take down lugs.

✪ Which Armalite buffer kit do you have and is it a heavier buffer than standard? I want to change out the buffer tube, spring and buffer on my AR-10 which is a Bushmaster. Stocks like my LMT SOPMOD and various Magpul stocks fit really sloppy on the stock tube. It's annoying to have that slop.

I really like your rifle man....looks great.

Nice story about the barrel. That's the kind of CS that makes a company stand out. I love LMT stuff....I have one of their 16" CQB MRP's.....outstanding rifle. Only thing....we are not allowed flash hiders...so my AR-15's and my AR-10 have Surefire SOCOM muzzle brakes. California......enough said.

Love Geissele's......have two SSA's in my AR-15's...need one for my AR-10....expensive!!

I really want one of those Primary Arms ACSS 1-8's. I'm training with a guy who shoots 3GN and he raves about his....says the reticle is phenomenal.

✪ How do you like the Aero Precision upper and lower? In terms of fit and finish, especially at the take down lugs.

✪ Which Armalite buffer kit do you have and is it a heavier buffer than standard? I want to change out the buffer tube, spring and buffer on my AR-10 which is a Bushmaster. Stocks like my LMT SOPMOD and various Magpul stocks fit really sloppy on the stock tube. It's annoying to have that slop.

I really like your rifle man....looks great.
Howdy , The Aero , IMO , is second to none. I've researched them heavily when MikeD sold me my first Aero years ago now.....the tension screw is a nice touch.....the take down pins are the most precise , smoothest pin fit I've ever owned

The 6 Position carbine kit, it is a standard H3 carbine buffer , real heavy spring . The tube wont help the stock fitment, that's going to be on the stock guys....if you want an absolute solid lock up on carbine BCM line of stocks are amazing.

Nothing beats Primary Arms bang for the buck anywhere , you get WAY more than you pay for . I use a 1-6 acss to shoot 556 at the 600 yard line .....its a battle scope and gets rounds on target quick.....it groups good at 100 or so yards but after 250 yards its kinda a wing and a prayer.....the 1-8 is better, more precise with the chevron and extra 2x but you pay in eye relief when your at 8

unfortunately I have no more guns due to sloppy reloading habits ......its a shame really . I keep building them , then breaking them and throwing them away

unfortunately I have no more guns due to sloppy reloading habits ......its a shame really . I keep building them , then breaking them and throwing them away

Its really better this way, no worries about storage, multiple gun cases, etc.

arkb1702.jpg

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2017/08/black-rifle-blow-ups-the-kaboom-collection/

Thats why I prefer FDE. ;-D

I'm afraid I won't be able to tap into Oli's Reloading Data.

The US Army just convinced me that my .308 precision rifle needs to be a Creedmoor.

I've shot a Creedmoor but I've never shot a .308 so I just didn't know . . .

(Ummmm... @oli700 might you be working on Creedmoor data?)

I'm afraid I won't be able to tap into Oli's Reloading Data.

The US Army just convinced me that my .308 precision rifle needs to be a Creedmoor.

I've shot a Creedmoor but I've never shot a .308 so I just didn't know . . .

(Ummmm... @oli700 might you be working on Creedmoor data?)
I have a friend with a ruger precision in 6.5.....its a shooter. I can out shoot him with my 308 but we haven't been past 300 yards yet......past 400 the guns are no longer equal with me running a 16 inch......too much velocity loss after 500 .
Honestly I think if you dont spend much time past 500 yards then a creedmore is a waste . From 500 in, you cant beat the kinetic energy of the bigger 30 cal.
I have another friend with the Mossberg patriot in 6.5. he has never shot it past 200. He shot a small buck with it at 40 yards and totally hammered it , ruined a bit of it .....super fast for that close

Back