• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

sgammo.com being overwhelmed by demand for ammo.

Tom396

.30-06
I was peeking into sgammo.com (my favorite online ammo retailer) and saw this notice, typed across the top of the homepage:

Orders placed at this time are not expected to ship until Tuesday the 15th or Wednesday the 16th due to high order volume.

That is definitely NOT standard operating procedure for them. They usually get the stuff right out the door. I also looked at the shotgun ammo section, like I always do. Imagine that, most anything with a flitecontrol wad is sold out. I cannot remember a time that was true, at sgammo.

I think POTUS has done it again. Take care. Tom Worthington

It sounds like Palmetto State Armory for guns. I called with a question on an order. While I waited for a CS person they kept playing a message that anything that must ship to an FFL was backed up for 2+ weeks. I'm afraid that with the anti gun rhetoric in an election cycle that it is going to get worse before it gets better.

it doesn't seem like any panic stuff taking place on the local level around here......maybe confined to online ?.......California has the resources to drain the internet I bet if they are panic buying

Locally things are good.

Except no 7.62x39 on the shelves except the high dollar stuff that nobody wants. I thought about ordering a half case to sit on, but I probably won't be shooting them much until it warms up toward spring anyway so I decided to wait and give it some time.

I see that SGAmmo still had some XM127 shells. I have fired a lot of XM127 9 pellet 00 buckshot and is good for HD even if it doesn't have Flitecontrol. I still have some and I would feel comfortable using it for HD.

Locally things are good.

Except no 7.62x39 on the shelves except the high dollar stuff that nobody wants. I thought about ordering a half case to sit on, but I probably won't be shooting them much until it warms up toward spring anyway so I decided to wait and give it some time.
luckily I have good stock in X39. enough to get me by until the craze subsides. don't need to buy 9, .45, or .223. can load near or over 1000 of each with components on hand.

Although i will say, curiosity go the best of me. Thats the lowest ive seen Wolf Gold .223 priced. Friends and i shoot a lot of it, and the brass reloads well. Almost tempting to join the fray and order some. Almost.

They do have spam cans of 9, and .45 though. Wolf steel case, ive never had a problem with it. Hmmmmmmmm. I do like spam

Last edited:
it doesn't seem like any panic stuff taking place on the local level around here......maybe confined to online ?.......California has the resources to drain the internet I bet if they are panic buying

Just wait, if Newsom gets background checks for ammo in CA passed next November, expect a near nation wide drought.
Cali shooters will indeed drain inter web supplies.

Things aren't too bad around here. I suspect some delay are due to many other items being shipped for the holidays and the fact that many companies take the last week of the year off...

I read on the weekend that sales in California are way up.

Just wait, if Newsom gets background checks for ammo in CA passed next November, expect a near nation wide drought.
Cali shooters will indeed drain inter web supplies.

We're trying now.

Just ordered another 1000 rounds of .22LR online. Geko brand...never heard of it.
Price was awful at $117 with tax & shipping.

Ammo is selling briskly here and guns as well.

We're trying now.

Just ordered another 1000 rounds of .22LR online. Geko brand...never heard of it.
Price was awful at $117 with tax & shipping.

Ammo is selling briskly here and guns as well.

Palmetto State has .22LR
for sale, 40 gr match, 325 rounds & 36 gr HP, 525 rounds.
$26 & $43 respectively.

Went to Dick's at lunch and bought 600 CCI mini-mags for $25/300 +tax. I was amazed they had it.

I also bought a set of S&W throwing knives. Big ones too. 10" leaf-blades w/ no edges: just a mean point.

I learned my lesson after the Sandy Hook panic. I stocked up and won't be paying the outrageous prices they were charging for ammo most of 2013.

I have plenty to last me for a while. I checked all the places I usually get ammo from and they all seem to have tons in stock.

I have stocked to a level I feel comfortable with. When I go to the range and shoot up a few boxes, I come back home and order enough ammo to maintain that level. Usually 3 or 4 boxes at a time.

Looks like Midway just got in a shipment of .22LR. Everything was sold out 2 days ago & I ordered what they had, which wasn't much.
Today they had a few different types in stock.

Demand online always seems to increase more when politicians call for insane regulations. Not sure if more gun owners are just turning to the internet for ammo purchases or what, but locally ammo still appears in good supply here too.

I picked up a can of 9mm blazers at Dicks today. 350 for $75 which is a sale price. They had a modest stock of ammo, but no more .22s

Back