• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave accessorized!

I wanted to keep it fairly simple but functional...so I added a GG&G SBA3 brace kit and a TacStar Slim side saddle. The only thing I need for it yet is a nice sling. I'd like a wide sling with a clip to fit a rifle swivel in the front and a QD on the back.

20200321-053934.jpg

20200321-053944.jpg

20200321-054008.jpg

20200321-054033.jpg

20200321-054103.jpg

20200321-054140.jpg

20200321-054154.jpg

20200321-054316.jpg

20200321-054328.jpg

Very nice. I went with the SBL but am considering an upgrade. Please let us know how your sling selection goes!

Very nice. I went with the SBL but am considering an upgrade. Please let us know how your sling selection goes!
Thanks! Yeah, if I can't find a nice traditional style wide sling, I may go with some kind of single point QD and just use the brace adapter attach point.

Looks great! I like that side addle. It looks kind of rubbery instead of the typical hard plastic.

You might want to check out the "Split Fix" strap from Wise Men Company. http://wisemencompany.com/sba3-splitfix/ It tightens up the split at the bottom of the SBA3 brace. It's a pretty simple yet ingenious product.
Thanks! Split fix does look interesting. I have already noticed how soft the lower edge of the SBA3 is...it collapses or overlaps real easy.

I just happened across the Split Fix a few days after I got my SBA3. It looked good and, for only $22 I figure it was worth a try. It really firms up the bottom edge of the brace, keeping it from collapsing.

I am thinking of adding the SBL to my Shockwave.
Once installed what would be the overall length of the Shockwave?
Curious if it will fit in my Mossberg carry bag made specifically for the Shockwave.
I know the benefits of the brace will probably far out way the usage of a carry bag, and no hardship to buy another longer bag.
The Mossberg case is 31” in length.

New
I'll have to measure for sure but GG&G's website says it only adds 4" to the overall length so it should be around 30-1/2" long

Thank you Rocketfoot

I’m always at the GG&G site, of course I missed that.
Probably because I wasn’t concerned about the OAL until I ordered that case.

It should fit! Keep us posted!

Yeah, I like GG&G...I wish they had a QD push button sling mount front magazine cap available though! That's the next thing I want to get for mine.

I might as well look at slings also.

Almost 4 weeks ago I walked into my friends gun store, nothing new as I’m there every Tuesday, but this time I called ahead and warned him I want a shotgun.
I have a 870 with a 28” vented barrel, changeable chokes great for hunting.
I wanted something smaller. I did want a stock. After I handled a few, he said try the Shockwave.
I’ll take it. I started the paperwork and he said I hope you are okay with a 20gauge.
Yeah, it’ll be okay.
Well, not many accessories and I’d love to use the short shells.
So I will make the best of my 20gauge Shockwave.

20 guage sure ain't no slouch but the 12 guage can be a handful! For me, I prefer short barreled, big bore action at the range! I fired a 12 gauge Maglite at a shoot meet once and loved it, LOL!! I'm really considering that Boom kit that offers a magnaported barrel for the Shockwave! Not to mitigate recoil but to improve the boom and fireball!

You like the loud boom?
Very funny story, but you are not alone, no I’m not a fan but I know a few.

I don’t feel underpowered with the 20, it’s just more bling available for the 12ga.
I’m waiting for my Crimson Trace Light to arrive.
I may do a sling and that SBL.

Looks great! I like that side addle. It looks kind of rubbery instead of the typical hard plastic.

You might want to check out the "Split Fix" strap from Wise Men Company. http://wisemencompany.com/sba3-splitfix/ It tightens up the split at the bottom of the SBA3 brace. It's a pretty simple yet ingenious product.

I wonder if that is ATF approved. The one constant that I've read during all this "brace craze" is "do not modify it in anyway".

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/08/02/pistol-brace-butt-plug/

from that link;

Now before you go fill your cart with butt plugs be in mind that Dirty J Designs is still awaiting confirmation from the ATF as to whether or not this modification to a brace is legal on registered pistols. So unless you want ATF agents at your doorstep asking you where you hid the butt plug then it’s probably best to stick with your standard pistol brace for now.

I like the brace a lot! The Raptor grip was pretty sweet too, but I had trouble aiming down the barrel with the Raptor...just made my hand positions feel strange. The Raptor was nice for keeping the gun compact! But like I said elsewhere...it's easy to change back and forth depending on the 'mission!'

I like the brace a lot! The Raptor grip was pretty sweet too, but I had trouble aiming down the barrel with the Raptor...just made my hand positions feel strange. The Raptor was nice for keeping the gun compact! But like I said elsewhere...it's easy to change back and forth depending on the 'mission!'
I have problems aiming with the small hand grip so I put a Crimson laser on mine. I choice the green (Big mistake for me) :( I think I would have liked the red better. I can't see the green very well in the daylight. The red on my S&W airweight I can see pretty good in the daylight. Live and learn LOL

Back