1. Check out the Hot Deals section of the Marketplace forum to order an official Mossbergowners.com hat.

Shockwave Availability

Discussion in 'Mossberg 590 Shockwave' started by Loosehead, Jul 28, 2020.

1. meanstreak

meanstreak .30-06 Supporter "Philanthropist"

A belated welcome to the forum Gentech.
  2. ChrisK

ChrisK Copper BB

I just got a 590 Shockwave on GunBroker. Great transaction. The seller has 6 and a "Buy It Now" option. I didn't want to pay $1k for a Shockwave via run away auction.
    meanstreak and Mr. Firearm like this.
  3. Gentech

Gentech Copper BB

And a belated thank you meanstreak.
    meanstreak likes this.
  4. Frogdog

Frogdog .410

Anyone that says a 590 Shockwave isn't a good first choice is right......for themselves. It's the best shotgun SD personal weapon ever sold...for me. As far as availability, there are plenty of them to be had today. You just have to be willing to pay for one. GB has a ton of them. Isn't it strange that people will drop a grand on a handgun but cheap out on the best SD shotgun (for me) ever sold. The Shockwave was a brilliant move and design by a great company that has great shotguns. I have two 95+ Belgium Brownings but my Mossbergs work just as well.
    meanstreak likes this.
  5. Loosehead

Loosehead .22LR

I've bid on several, just have not "pulled the trigger" on one at $650.00 plus. Might have to do so if I ever want one...sigh!
    meanstreak likes this.
  6. Frogdog

Frogdog .410

There is no such thing as a new Shockwave at a "reasonable price" right now. Check out Gunbroker and see that.

PM me if you want to know where an 18.5", barrel shielded, crash device barrel ended, pistol grip Mossberg Maverick 88 can be found right now. It's birthday was long ago, has a newly painted receiver, has been completely gone through by a genuine gunsmith with new pins and screws installed, dis-assembled and cleaned and lubed properly. It has a much smoother action than my newish Shockwave and shoots about the same (I've shot both on the same day). Lots of bang for the buck and ready now. There ya go and I know where it can be found.
    meanstreak likes this.
  7. Smashing Pumpkins

Smashing Pumpkins .410

I've got a brand new in box genuine Mossberg 14" barrel you can have for a reasonable price if you want to roll your own from Frog Dog's or anyone else's PGO Mossy.
    meanstreak likes this.
  8. Loosehead

Loosehead .22LR

Y
    Yeah, Gunbroker is pretty crazy these days...thanks for the offer, I'll hang on a while longer...
    meanstreak likes this.
  9. M5Pilot

M5Pilot Copper BB

Anyone in the Atlanta area, Adventure Outdoors just got 115 Shockwaves in Thursday. 440.00 cash. I bought one yesterday and they said they won't last long. My box had a manufacture date of 9/01/2020 on it. I called 10 gun shops and all said they had open orders but no word from Mossburg.
    Bobster, meanstreak and Loosehead like this.
  10. Smashing Pumpkins

Smashing Pumpkins .410

Wow, that is really encouraging. I hope it is sign that supply situation is getting better, and not just a fluke.
    meanstreak likes this.
  11. Loosehead

Loosehead .22LR

Screw it, I went the GB route and will receive it next Monday...
    meanstreak likes this.
  12. Frogdog

Frogdog .410

Sometimes that's the best answer just to get it off of mind.
    meanstreak and Loosehead like this.
  13. Loosehead

Loosehead .22LR

HaHa, yeah...exactly! I'll cut back on my Single Barrel for a few weeks...
    meanstreak likes this.
  14. Smashing Pumpkins

Smashing Pumpkins .410

Last edited: Oct 7, 2020
    Loosehead likes this.
  15. pepi

pepi .410

Maybe I should sell mine since you can't find any ammo anywhere :mad:
    meanstreak likes this.
  16. Smashing Pumpkins

Smashing Pumpkins .410

I can find plenty of ammo....in my basement :sofa:
    meanstreak and fellmann like this.
  17. pepi

pepi .410

I've got around 1k rounds of buck and birdshot BUT I WANT MORE
  18. Smashing Pumpkins

Smashing Pumpkins .410

That I understand. Buckshot, like most ammo right now, seems to be made out of unobtanium. But birdshot is around. I've got two flats waiting for me at Bas Pro right now at very much pre-Covid prices, free ship to store. Herter's worked out to below 21 cents a round including tax, and Remington Gun Club under 23 cents.
    meanstreak and pepi like this.
  19. pepi

pepi .410

I found some number 7 finally. I'm glad I have some deer slugs put back or I may not been able to hunt this year. I do have my slingshot though ;)
    meanstreak likes this.
  20. Frogdog

Frogdog .410

I have more buckshot than I want or need and will let it go as well as a Shockwave and two 18.5" barreled guns. It's all available if you look and listen.
    meanstreak likes this.