• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave pump returning issue

Ridgebuggy

Copper BB
Hello all.When i pull the pump back like i am ejecting a shell it slides fine but when i push it forward it hangs up a little bit and takes some extra force to return.I have another shockwave a persuader and an 88 that does not have this issue.Also the gun is brand new and has not been fired yet so it may be a break in issue i have cleaned the gun (which was filthy for a brand new gun) lubed the internals and worked the action trying to loosen it up. The problem existed before and after cleaning.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:
Update
Ok i tried loading it with shells and cycling them through several times and it loosened up almost 100% so it seems like a break in issue.After doing this I noticed all the coating was gone from the extractor.Is this sticking out too far,rubbing up on somthing in the gun or normal break in because my other shockwave is a little scratched but nothing like this

Last edited:
Pic
e259ef1190f53b5b75fe83a774799325.jpg

Last edited:
My Shockwave is new and was doing the exact same thing. The extractor had the black coating. After cycling 5-6 times with ammo and a few times without ammo, the extractor is now shinny and bolt is going into battery smoothly without the hang up.

Dog

Another trick that will smooth out your action is to polish the outside of the cartridge elevator arms to totally remove the coating. Also when you have it apart look at the cartridge stop for any defects.

After a little TLC a few hundred rounds the action should be as smooth as glass.

Regards

On my A1 i removed one of the double springs in the trigger group and it cycles really nice now...
Think it was the smaller one ? -dont remember now, but it was the right one to remove. :D

I will give it a try and polish the coating on the outside of the elevator arms too

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies yall.I noticed the elivator was rubbing as well.Gonna take both of them apart and do some light sanding, a good polish job with my dremal and my polishing wheel set it should be as slick as a politician.

Back