• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Scabbard

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
As some of you probably have read the scabbard discussion under the Shockwave Issue - Resolved thread you know I've been searching for a scabbard for the Shockwave which could be used on a tractor, a jeep or other vehicle. The one I was initially using didn't enclose the trigger guard and was difficult to secure. My research found a potential replacement made by Fox Outdoor but I was unable to find any reviews utilizing it with a Shockwave. I ordered one from Optics Planet over the holidays and thought I'd pass on some initial impressions. The model is Fox Outdoor Tactical Assault Rifle Scabbard and the coyote color number is 09598014483. It comes in several colors. Price point is around $45 to $50. Note: Other than being a customer I have no ties to Fox Outdoor or Optics Planet.

The overall construction is excellent with the outside covered with both molle straps and Velcro. There are 12 D rings, six per side which allows many attachment points. It has a separate carry handle and an adjustable shoulder strap which is removable and can be attached in many different places. Comes with four molle attachment straps for attaching accessories. And, being Velcro covered it would be easy to attached shotshell cards like those made by Esstac. One of the most important points I was looking for was an adjustable scabbard length since I was wanting something which would completely enclose the weapon when attached to the tractor while operating in dusty conditions and/or expose the grip when carrying in the woods.

So the real test was how the Shockwave might fit. With the scabbard opened to it's full length the Shockwave is completely enclosed but still easily removed. The length adjustment can be shortened to a point where the back strap of the trigger guard is just at the opening of the scabbard. So there is roughly 6 inches of overall adjustment for any operating configuration you might desire. The scabbard secures the Shockwave very well. I actually held it upside down and shook it (gently) to see if the Shockwave would move, it didn't.

While I run my Shockwave plain jane other than a sling there is certainly room for an attached side saddle. However, I'm not sure about feed tube attached flashlight, maybe yes or maybe no.

These are just a few initial thoughts. I've only had the scabbard a day so I'm still "exploring" it's capabilities but it looks like a good fit for a Shockwave. More later. Regards.

That look great Mark. It handles the laser and covers the trigger. Very nice.

I have the VooDoo tactical (OD Green) for my Shockwave, Its a perfect fit well and constructed. I am not concerned that the trigger is exposed, I don't generally grab a gun with my finger in the trigger guard anyway. I have a velcro side saddle which easily fits into the scabbard.

I've been using an Eberlestock short shotgun side scabbard attached to my pack with Blackhawk Molle Speedclips and it fit nicely. Although since I have now put on rail mounted ghost rings the fit now a bit too tight.

Back