• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave shoots 12" high

Otis

Copper BB
I have a new shockwave and it shoots 12" high at close range with all ammo. Laying a straight edge along the receiver shows the bead to be over 1/4" low making it impossible to see when the gun it pointed on target. I am considering installing a raised bead, one that has a bead base that is 0.45"-0.50" over the barrel. Have y'all experienced a similar issue and how did you fix it ..... Other than aiming at the grizzly's feet.

I have experienced some shotguns shooting high.

But not 12" high.

The tallest bead I have ever used was a meprolight tritium.

Thanks for the feedback. I have looked at the mepro... It is higher but their website provides no height specs other than the diameter of the bead itself.

It is easy to see why it shoots so high by laying a straight edge along the top of the receiver. To see the bead above the receiver plane the gun has to be cocked way up.

When I asked Mossberg for a fix they said the gun was not designed to be shouldered, which is true, but it can be aimed off shoulder as easily as any handgun ... Assuming the bead is high enough to be within the sighting plane.

Thanks. I will take another look at the XS. If I recall it is $65ish. Too bad Mossberg didn't install a usable sight at the factory and save us all the hassle. Disappointed is the best thing I can say about it.

I have looked at the mepro... It is higher but their website provides no height specs other than the diameter of the bead itself.

I can check for you tomorrow if you remind me.

Back