• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Sling Mounts

luangtom

I have attached a GGG-1981 Sling-Mount to my Shockwave. It is the version that replaces the receiver-pin and has a nut on the right-side. I find that nut abrasive to the hand while shooting a number of rounds. Has anyone used a GGG-1429 mount instead? This is the wedge that goes between the birdshead grip and the receiver that has the QD mount on it instead of going through the receiver. I would like to know if this is workable before I go out and purchase another sling-mount.

Last edited:
To Update.......I just got an e-mail from GG&G, the manufacturer of the mounts in question. Their rep told me that only the GGG-1981 will fit the Shockwave. They told me that the GGG-1429 will not. No reason why, but I requested one to clarify it. Back to the drawing board......I certainly thought that the Shockwave had the same receiver as the regular 590.

I just got my mail in and see that the GrovTech QD sling-swivels came today. They have the QD swivels with the cup for the push-button ends of the MagPul slings. I will use them with my MagPul sling. I am a happy-camper today.

This is the pic from GrovTec itself. These easily attach to the QD sling-swivel posts.

Attachments

• grovtec03.jpg
    grovtec03.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 39
Back