• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Sling Option

Not particularly fond of Black Hawk products but...

In doing research on sling options a general search popped up their Mountain Sling. A very simple, un-cluttered sling. Decided to spring for the $19.95, or whatever it was, to take a closer look.

Arrived today and I'm initially quite pleased. Simple one hand adjustment, nice section of non- slip material over about twelve inches of one end. Each end has a Lok-Down swivel. Have not used these before but they seem secure. They fit the eyelets on the SW well.

Have to spend some time with it at the range
for a bit to fully evaluate it. Have no idea how durable it is but that will show itself.

So, those considering a sling might consider giving this a look.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I don’t know if anyone is interested, I have a Botach single point bungee sling with MASH hook I’d be willing sell but it requires something other than a standard swivel.

Uncle Sam's Retail Outlet has the Eagle Industries Khaki Breacher Tool Carrier with Cover on sale right now for about $7.50 before tax and shipping. I aborted when the shipping was almost $10 but it's still a pretty good deal.

Some tips for their website:
- Not many of the items are a deal- they usually mark down from gov pricing so shop around and you can usually find things cheaper elsewhere.
- Off to the right on the page is a drop-down box which is defaulted to display ten items per page; select 100 items to display on each page or you'll be clicking all day.

IMG_1928.jpg
IMG_1926.jpg

First post here, so Im getting used to the setup of the txt editor.. Hopefully these images come through.. I decided to make my own sling mounts and use quick detach swivel mounts.. I bought 2 sockets, drilled and tapped the grip and mag tube cap ( Literally with a cordless drill, and a beer in my hand, Im no machinist trust me).. Heres a close up shot up the mag tub cap..

IMG_1931.jpg

Shes a little crooked, Might have been the drill, or the beer, but.. As you can see its possible.. If you call Mossberg, and tell them you lost your mag cap detent spring, they send you a spring, a detent, and the cap for free.. I guess they had a bad batch of barrels, and the detents are prone to failure, but anyway, I had and extra cap laying around, so I decided to try it.. I also used some epoxy to set the socket in the grip.. Plastic threads and all..

Use a sippy cup.

to much work... If I open a beer, Im not going to empty it into anything other than my mouth... However, I vote we end the derail of this thread.. This thread is about slings for the shockwave, not sure about the rules on this site, but most other forums tend to frown upon threads going off topic... If thats not the case, then by all means we can continue too discuss beer delivery/temperature control devices.. :)

I just ordered a Mountain Sling. I like the clean contours w/o any sling, but I want to hike with it. Rather than rolling around in a scabbard or cinched in a pack, maybe the sling will work out. Worth a shot.

Back