• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shootin 6" high/w skinner on my 464 zombie

doug

Copper BB
I changed the rear sight to a skinner lo pro. My load is a duplicate of the Remington 150 core-loc. With the skinner all the way down, I'm shootin 6" high at 50 yards and yes, 12" high at 100yds. The math says I need to change my front site to a .657 front site. Holy cow!! I wanted a fire site replacement, but they only go to .570 or maybe .590 in height. I ordered a kns .625 today from midway. I really don't want a partridge type site. I had hoped to have a sight picture of cover the target or what I call dead on, not 6 o'clock. Any suggestions would be really appreciated. Oh, the windage has been corrected and it was only about 1 inch off at 50 yds., just drifted the front. Really like the little rifle, it just needs some tuning. Thanks

Well if you don't want the style front sight that is called for to use the rear... you must change the rear sight.... or the only way to correct your POI is to get the higher model front post.

"F.O.R.S." Front-Opposite Rear-Same

To lower your POI with your front sight, you must raise the front sight.
To lower your POI with your rear sight, you must lower the rear sight.
Unfortunately for you... your rear sight is already lowered to it's lowest position... :(

Thanks for the input, and the logic check. Got the .625 kns front sight in this past week. It has the crosshairs that are thicker on the outer edges, can't for the life of me think of the proper name. Anyway, will get it installed and see what happens. By my math, should get me down to 3 inch high at 50 yds. or 6 inch high at 100 yds. Still too high, but maybe I can develop a technique to make it work. I really like this little rifle. Really don't want to scope it. Ya know the factory fire sight set-up maybe the best when all said and done. But most times I am quicker and more accurate with the receiver type sights so I'm going to try. Will let everyone know the results.

Back